Page 4th Cover: of Maritime Reporter Magazine (December 2018)
Great Ships of 2018
Marine Systems, Inc.
BEST IN-CLASS TRANSIENT RESPONSE
The E 23 (IMO II-EPA T3) and E 23B (IMO III-EPA T4F) are available • E 23 offers the performance of a high speed engine with the in 8, 12, 16 and 20 cylinder con? gurations with power ratings from durability advantage of a medium speed engine.
(1675 hp) to (5500 hp). • Ample power margin throughout the entire operating speed *”Please consult MSI for speci? c application ratings” range allows for optimized engine sizing and a single speed reduction gear.
• Avoids engine lugging under demanding vessel maneuvers.
• Accepts 100% block load in constant speed applications.
PARTS – LABOR – FLUIDS
Downtime is expensive. EMD engines are designed to minimize the amount of time needed for maintenance and repairs in order to maximize your productivity, keeping operational costs to a minimum.
• Reduced fuel consumption over previous models due to EPA T4F / IMO III technologies and low idle speed.
• Easy non-invasive inspection of cylinder components for simple predictive condition-based maintenance.
• Simple overhauls to minimize downtime – Power Assembly (head, liner, piston, rod) can be removed and replaced as one unit.
• Closed loop dosing control system optimizes (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) DEF usage.
• No oil change required between overhauls unless indicated by oil sample analysis.
• Lowest life cycle cost per horse power / hours of operation.
Ph: (985) 223-7100 • www.marinesystemsinc.com
MSI MR July2018.indd 1 MSI MR July2018.indd 1 7/6/2018 9:32:15 AM7/6/2018 9:32:15 AM