O&G Workforces & Online Distance Learning
MTCS (UK) Ltd, has devised a portable, virtual learning environment, where the online system has been built to aid companies whose individuals spend a lot of time offshore on vessels or rigs. Indeed, many subsea Industry executives now realize that knowledge and the application of knowledge, is key to business success.
“While we do send trainers when possible to company employees; their being all over the world or on changing shift patterns, means extra issues with the training and getting trainees together,” said Gail Bartolf, Global Sales Coordinator for MTCS (UK) Ltd. “A major issue is cost to the company, which can include flights, accommodation and perhaps day rates. MTCS Online is a distance-learning program designed for instant accessibility and optimum portability.
It makes our products available anywhere, anytime, allowing companies to use one system to track and monitor learners’ progress throughout their offshore career.”
Dingena Theunisse, Competence and Training Manager, Atlas Services Group, who currently uses the MTCS online distance learning tool, said: “Atlas agrees that Online Learning is and has proven to be a huge step forward in providing a set of courses independent of location and time limitations. MTCS offers a recognized Competence Management Framework, tailored to meet our preferences and allowing our workers to gain certification in the workplace, no matter where in the world they are working.”
All competence certificates are IMCA graded and the program is compatible with Apple Mac, Windows 7/8, Android and iOS tablets and mobiles.
“This is a faster and more efficient way for MTCS to deliver solutions to our global client base and obviously has huge potential for companies,” said Bartolf.
Courses available via MTCS Online include: High Voltage, ROV Hydraulics and Skills Assessor - with Fiber Optics coming shortly. Additionally, the system is host to competence programs for all IMCA grades, including marine back-deck, diving, survey, and in fact all offshore IMCA competence grades. www.mtcs.info/online MTCS also deliver ROV Induction courses, which are available worldwide.
(As published in the November/December 2014 edition of Marine Technology Reporter - http://www.marinetechnologynews.com/Magazine)
Other stories from December 2014 issue
- Editorial: One More Year Down page: 6
- US Offshore Holds 'Huge Potential' page: 8
- Blue Tech Economy and the 'View from the Top' page: 10
- Study: Worldwide Ship Traffic up 300% since 1992 page: 12
- HYPACK Holds Hydrographic Training Event page: 18
- What’s all the Noise at IMO? page: 20
- Subsea Vessel Ops Predicted to Grow Over Coming Years page: 30
- Kongsberg EVOTEC: All about A-Frames page: 42
- Shallow Water Monitoring Sensors Track GOM Nitrate Pulse page: 46
- Nortek, Imbros Help Keep the Tasman Bridge Safe page: 53
- AML Delivers Cabled UV Biofouling Control page: 56
- Bowtech Debuts New Underwater Camera page: 56
- Fugro High Res Subsea Laser Scanning page: 56
- Realtime Tsunami Monitoring in Japan page: 57
- Offshore eLearning Sans Internet Access page: 58
- O&G Workforces & Online Distance Learning page: 59