Strategic Delivers StratCat to Njord Offshore
Strategic Marine delivered a world’s first to European windfarm service sector operator, Njord Offshore. This vessel builds on the success of the first eight 21m vessels built for Njord by Strategic Marine. The StratCat, a multipurpose service vessel capable of transporting up to 24 crew, is first in its class in three particulars.
The StratCat is the first of four in a series of 26m vessels ordered by UK-based Njord. Strategic, a member of the TriYards Group with facilities in Australia, Singapore and Vietnam, previously built eight 21m crew transport vessels for Njord which, like these larger new vessels, were purpose-made to spearhead the European windfarm service industry in quality, operability and crew comfort.
The StratCat cruises at 25 knots via quad installation of Volvo IPS drive units, each generating 700hp for total 2,800hp.
The vessel is also capable of achieving 23knots in redundancy mode with one main engine down. Its intuitive joystick docking (main control, two wing joysticks and rescue zone joystick) and dynamic positioning system allow precision control when maneuvering onto a wind turbine, exceeding all performance standards at sea and ensuring the greatest possible safety during crew transfers. The boat boasts 77 sq. m. of clear deck and container carriage space, a SWL 2.5ton @ 8m knuckle boom crane, accommodation for 10, shower facilities, full galley and mess, provides a state-of-the-art transport vessel with excellent comfort, handling and thrust.
(As published in the APRIL 2015 edition of Marine Technology Reporter - http://www.marinetechnologynews.com/Magazine)
Other stories from April 2015 issue
- Design of Hydraulic Systems for Subsea Applications page: 18
- The Future of Unmanned Underwater Systems page: 26
- Acoustic Zoom: The Future of Offshore Exploration page: 32
- 3D Image Fusion for Ultra High Resolution Seabed Surveys page: 38
- Memorial University & Understanding Icebergs page: 42
- Incat-design DSV Delivered page: 50
- New Survey Vessel to Fugro page: 50
- Strategic Delivers StratCat to Njord Offshore page: 51
- New Winch/Lift and Throttle Controls page: 56
- New Joysticks and Hand Controllers page: 56
- Silicon Sensing System’s IMUs page: 56
- FarSounder Updates Navigation Sonars page: 56
- SubVIS Orca Camera Platform: HD & Ethernet page: 57
- SeaHow Skimmer System page: 57
- ORION Boosts STR’s Portfolio page: 57
- Ultra-High Accuracy G2+ Positioning Service page: 57
- MMT Presents Surveyor Interceptor ROV (SROV) page: 58
- S-100 Support in CARIS S-57 Composer 3.0 page: 58
- In-situ Subsea Cable Repair page: 58
- Develogic Exhibts Seafloor Lander page: 59
- Turner Designs, PME Launch C-sense Logger page: 59
- Xbox 360 Controller for J2 Subsea Valve Pack page: 59
- Two Dual-LiDAR Buoys Deployed page: 60
- New Micro Field Buoy from OSIL page: 60