W.A.I.T.! Alloy Identification Kits Introduced By Fenner
—Literature Available "W.A.I.T.!" (What Alloy Is That!) is the title of a new four-page color brochure on alloy identification kits for non-destructive testing from Fenner & Associates, Inc. of Houston, Texas.
The publication explains that the W.A.I.T.! series of non-destructive portable alloy identification spot test kits are based upon the electrographic extraction of metal atoms from a surface and subsequent chemical reaction that develop specific color checks.
A few drops of an acidic electrolyte are placed upon the surface of the suspect test sample serving as the anode, and covered with a piece of filter paper. The wet spot on the filter is covered by an aluminum block that acts as the cathode. Current is allowed to flow through the system for a brief period of 30-60 seconds, anodically dissolving a small amount of the test metal for identification and depositing it upon the filter paper. The filter paper is then treated to determine the presence of metallic ions by reactions with chemical reagents.
These chemical reactions produce definite color spot tests that are characteristic for each specific metal ion.
Five different kits for different needs are described, and the brochure says the Research and Development laboratory will soon be introducing new alloy identification systems.
Advantages listed for W.A.I.T.!
kits are: no delay—know in minutes; low cost—accurate results; portable— safe; simple—no chemical training needed; complete instruction book; non-destructive—less than 0.05 mil consumption of metal alloy; and solution refills—replacement parts available.
The contents of each specific portable test kit are listed, and the entire assemblage is featured in a color photograph on the cover.
For a free copy of the W.A.I.T.!
brochure from Fenner & Associates, Circle 51 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 15, 1985 issue
- Imi-Tech Awarded $300,000 In Navy Research Contracts page: 4
- Two More U.S. Lines Containerships Delivered Early By Daewoo Yard page: 5
- Whitey Introduces New Severe Service Valve page: 5
- Loftus Succeeds Graham As Vice President-Sales For Moran Towing page: 6
- Coburn Appointed Area Manager For Sea-Land— Martin Named Port Manager page: 6
- Gulf Coast Trailing Dredge Under Construction At Twin City Shipyard page: 6
- Laviola And Adelman Named Corporate Vice Presidents At M. Rosenblatt & Son Firm page: 6
- Chaplin Appointed Vice President-Development For Bell Aerospace Textron page: 7
- Szczypinski Named Vice President Of Techmatics page: 7
- Folk Signs License Agreement With Renk For Reverse-Reduction Drives page: 8
- Mitsui Delivers Bulk Carrier To Kohoi Shipping Of Hong Kong page: 8
- W.A.I.T.! Alloy Identification Kits Introduced By Fenner page: 8
- Tracor Awarded $16-Million Contract For Automated Communications System page: 10
- St. Pe Succeeds Erb As President of Ingalls Shipbuilding Division page: 10
- FMC Offers Brochure On High-Capacity Centrifugal Pumps page: 11
- OFFSHORE GOTEBORG 85 page: 12
- FMC Offers Compact Turbine-Driven Centrifugal Boiler-Feed Pump page: 19
- Society Of Marine Consultants Reviews Arctic Oil Transportation page: 20
- Amor And Frayling Named Vice Presidents For Lister Diesels page: 20
- Navy Buys 11 More Ships For Ready Reserve Fleet At Cost Of $82.5 Million page: 21
- Peterson Yard Launches Another Rescue/Salvage Vessel For Navy page: 22
- MarAd Approves Sale Of Delta Line To U.S. Lines page: 22
- Boeing Sells Jetfoil To Canadian Company For Marine Research page: 22
- New York SNAME Meeting Hears Paper On Shipboard Computers page: 22
- Third Rowan Gorilla Drilling Rig Delivered By Marathon LeTourneau page: 28
- Morris Guralnick Firm Awarded Two Contracts For Conversion Designs page: 29
- Navy Awards NASSCO $14 Million For Overhaul Of Tank Landing Ship page: 29
- OIL SPILL CONFERENCE page: 30
- FAIRNESS, SIMPLICITY AND ECONOMIC GROWTH page: 37
- New Racal-Decca Problem-Solving Electronics Unveiled page: 41
- SweetWater RO Unit Selected For Antarctic Expedition By British page: 42
- Wartsila Delivers Combination Tanker xTavi' To Neste Oy page: 42
- Sea-Land Cranes Complete Trip From Japan To Port Of Tacoma page: 47
- General Thermodynamics Offers Free Literature On 300-A BMEP Balancer page: 48
- Worthington Offers Free Publication On Fire-Fighting Monitors page: 48
- Nelson Industries Introduces xBilge Boy' Oily Water Separator page: 51