MAVCO Onboard Explorer Of The Seas
Explorer of the Seas — the latest addition to Royal Caribbean's Voyager class cruise ships — and the second in the Voyager class now offers the largest Conference Center at sea, which was designed and installed by MAVCO. The ship's large size allows for the highest degree of flexibility in the design features and interior solutions of the Conference Center, which encompasses four conference rooms, a reception area, a multi-media screening room and boardroom.
These can be tailored to suit a variety of needs, used individually or in numerous combinations.
MAVCO has equipped all the rooms with a dedicated multi-system VHS video player, to which additional A/V sources, such as CD players, overheads and slide projectors, can be connected via a wall mounted connection panel.
With much of the equipment supplied being portable, control is via a switching matrix, which allows the signal to be sent to any destination within the complex.
This facilitates the various combinations of the conference rooms, since it can be used to send signals to equipment in several rooms simultaneously.
The various user functions in the conference rooms can be controlled by a touch-screen wireless remote control, with duplicate control panels on the walls.
There is also a tie-line system installed from one end of the Conference Center to the other, facilitating the connection of a 24 channel mixing console for large meeting functions.
Circle 42 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from February 2001 issue
- Plug & Play page: 36B
- Uniservice: Innovative Product Keeps Cruise Ships Running page: 36C
- Transas Expands Capabilities page: 36G
- Kvaerner Conducts Sea Trials; Docks Out New Cruise Vessels page: 36A
- Drew Offers Electronic Steam System Monitoring page: 36H
- Crystal Cruises Signs Contract For New Ship page: 5
- Mediterranean Shipping Orders New Cruise Ship page: 5
- Two-Stroke Milestones page: 8
- Dear President Bush... Reasons for More Title XI Funding page: 11
- Real Time, On-line Credit Services Offered page: 14
- Major Ocean Carriers Partner To Launch E-Commerce Solution page: 15
- San Francisco Bay Area Company Leads in NOX Reduction page: 16
- Alabama Shipyard Signs Another Tug/Barge Contract page: 17
- Bollinger To Construct Supply Boat Trio page: 19
- Curacao Carves A Cruise Niche page: 20
- U.S. Lines' MS Patriot Challenges Cascade General page: 21
- Royal Caribbean Stock Downgraded page: 25
- ! Safe Haven1 Debate Could Have Resounding Effects page: 27
- ABS Under Fire, Fights Back page: 29
- Queen Mary 2: Cunard's Answer to Royalty on the Seas page: 30
- Kaparis Defines Safety on Cruise Ships page: 32
- The Dickinson Way page: 34
- Oceancell by GEOLINK: The First GSM Solution Via Satellite Aboard Ships page: 40
- Heroes on the High Seas page: 43
- MAVCO Onboard Explorer Of The Seas page: 49
- New Cat-Powered Tugboat Ordered As Gdansk Gears Up For Port Growth page: 58
- ARCOMS Appoints President For Subsidiary page: 61
- Grat Cruise Ships of 2000 page: 71
- The Cradle of Cruising Creativity? page: 72