Wagner Wins $4.5-Million Contract For Steering And Control Systems
—Literature Available Wagner Engineering Ltd. of North Vancouver, B.C., Canada, has announced that it has been selected by Saint John Shipbuilding Limited to supply the steering systems as well as integrated steering control systems for six patrol frigates being built for the Canadian Navy. The $4.5-million contract will provide 73 man-years of employment throughout throughout the duration of the project. The Canadian content of the equipment will be more than 90 percent.
A Wagner 100-ton/meter rotary vane actuator, powered by two 100- hp, electric-motor-driven pumping sets, will operate the rudder through 35 degrees. Two Model TA220 pumping sets will include Model MHO valve assemblies to provide modulated proportional control for high rudder positional accuracy.
The valve assemblies will also provide an interface for the electric steering and autopilot.
A dual steering control system will include an adaptive feature in the autopilot as well as automatic fail-safe circuitry to permit instantaneous inter-channel switching.
Electric steering controllers and a multiple-station rudder angle indicator system are also part of the package.
All steering and control components are designed and manufactured by Wagner and meet stringent military quality, performance, and environmental standards with respect to severe shock and vibration.
Wagner Engineering, represented in more than 60 countries, has been manufacturing marine hydraulic steering gears and associated products for more than 40 years.
For further information and free literature, Circle 78 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from September 15, 1985 issue
- Owen And Richards Named Managers At Honeywell page: 6
- MSC Announces FSS Award Totaling $30.7 Million page: 6
- Autronica's New NK-5 Unit Monitors Ship's Engine page: 6
- Grow Group Acquires Napko Coatings Division page: 6
- Bollinger Shipyard Dedicates Island Class USCG Patrol Boat Fleet page: 7
- Canadian Offshore Resources Exposition page: 8
- Moss Point Marine Delivers New Sternwheeler, Colonel page: 12
- Aluminum Boats Delivers High-Speed Crew/Utility Vessel To A&P Boats page: 12
- Matson Asks Bids On $30 Million Conversion of 'Matsonia' page: 14
- Brown & Root Awarded Feasibility Study Contract For Chevron Offshore Unit page: 15
- Congressional Maritime Caucus Establishes An Advisory Board page: 15
- OUTSTANDING RIG DESIGNS page: 16
- Bethlehem's Newest Jackup Design Can Drill In Water 600 Feet Deep page: 19
- Congressman To Address OMSA Meeting On Warehouse Vessels page: 19
- Alsthom Unit Strengthens Position In Norwegian Offshore Market page: 20
- Sandy Hook Dispatch Boat Delivered By Gladding-Hearn page: 20
- Saab Receives Order To Supply TankRadars From Tampa Shipyard page: 21
- Bertrem Products Importing Straub Couplings For U.S. And Canadian Distribution page: 21
- Conversion Of Fast Sealift Ship 'Regulus' Completed By NASSCO page: 22
- ASRY's 1984 Revenues Up Nearly 20 Percent page: 22
- Wartsila Wins Contract To Build Rig Transport Vessel For USSR page: 22
- CANADIAN SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIR YARDS page: 28
- Holman and Wildasin Elected At Raymond International page: 31
- MIROS To Market New Products In U.S. page: 32
- Furuno Introduces New Low-Cost, High-Performance Loran Navigator page: 32
- NMEA Plans Expansion Of Interface Standard page: 32
- Kockums Completes Advanced Car/Truck Carrier For Wallenius page: 33
- Cincinnati Gear Completes Testing Of New, Sophisticated Marine Drive For Navy T-AO 187 Class Oilers page: 34
- New Alarm Reduces Boiler Failures, Diesel Failures And Repair Costs page: 34
- Seattle Yard GM Elected To Todd's Board Of Directors page: 35
- Caterpillar Offers 20-Page Catalog On Marine Diesels page: 35
- Wagner Wins $4.5-Million Contract For Steering And Control Systems page: 35
- West Coast Manly Shipyards Delivers Fisheries Patrol Vessel Leonard J. Cowley page: 36
- Tyne Shiprepair Awarded Defence Ministry Contract To Convert Fleet Auxiliary page: 37
- Product Carrier 'Lucy' Christened At Hyundai's Ulsan Yard For Overseas Shipholding Group page: 38
- New Brochure Highlights Capabilities Of Marathon LeTourneau Offshore page: 38
- Aalborg Vaerft Awarded Danish Navy Contract For Seven Flex 300 Convertible Combatant Vessels page: 38
- Kockums Yard To Build Universal Ferry For Polish Shipping Company page: 41
- Transtema Kockumation Introduces New Computer System For Shipping Industry page: 41
- Huge Drydock At Bethlehem's New Sabine Yard Now Operational page: 42
- Marinette Marine Lays Keel For First Of 13 Yard Patrol Craft page: 42
- Centurion Industrial Marine Offers The 'Crew Seat page: 47
- New Brochure Available From SKF Steel Couplings On Its OK Coupling page: 47
- New Instrument Manifold Improves Safety In Process Control Systems page: 47