Kvaerner And Aker Maritime Join Forces
Kvaerner has launched a new company with 18,000 employees in 17 countries and on five continents. The new company, to be known as Aker Kvaerner, will supply products, services, tech- nology and solutions worth $2.2 billion a year to the global oil and gas industry.
Aker Kvaerner is the result of a merger between Aker Maritime and Kvaerner Oil & Gas, and forms one of four business areas within the Kvaerner Group.
Subsidiaries of Aker Kvaerner have already won contracts totaling $1.7 bil- lion since the start of 2002, almost doubling the Group's order backlog in just over two months.
In many of its business streams, the new company will rank among the world's leading players. It is strong, for instance, in advanced drilling equipment, subsea facilities, the management of large and complex platform tow-outs, and the installation of seabed equipment.
Aker Kvaerner also embraces some of the most advanced solutions for both platforms and mooring systems in deep water. It has become one of the biggest players in the large U.K. and Norwegian markets for maintenance, modifications and operational support on production platforms.
Preparations for merging Aker Maritime and Kvaerner Oil & Gas have been completed in just over two months, with more than 250 employees directly involved in the integration work. In addition, personnel from the whole organization have been drawn into the planning and preparatory process.
Establishing a new organization has been a key task. Since the beginning of January, potential candidates for senior roles have been nominated and thoroughly assessed prior to key posts being filled.
Other stories from April 2002 issue
- U.S., Spain Team To Develop New Warship page: 4
- Bennis to Lead Maritime, Land Security page: 4
- Halmatic To Supply RIBs For Maritime & Coastguard Agency page: 8
- Germanischer Lloyd Reorganizes Operations page: 11
- Celebrity Cancels Summit And Infinity Sailings page: 11
- Kvaerner And Aker Maritime Join Forces page: 12
- Royal Caribbean And Celebrity Announce Key Appointments page: 13
- Key Port Security Measure Passed page: 16
- Boston Whaler Unveils "Robot" Security Boat page: 18
- Protection Zones In Place For USS Roosevelt's Return page: 19
- DOT Outlines Smart Card Concept For Transportation Workers page: 20
- I MO Calls for Unity on Bulk Carrier Safety page: 22
- OECD Working Group To Brainstorm on Port Security page: 22
- NWDC: The Ultimate One-Stog Shop page: 24
- Boston Whaler Debuts New Security Products page: 26
- No Substitute for A Strong Navy page: 28
- HSV Gets Marines There Faster page: 33
- Information: The Real Power page: 33
- GE Continues To Set Gas Turbine Tech Pace page: 34
- Vericor Is A Reliable Source of Propulsion Power page: 35
- The Allure of Power page: 36
- Spanish Group Endorses Pentamaran page: 37
- industrial Heritage Is Retained page: 38
- MES Completes the World's Largest Diesel Engine page: 39
- Faster Than A Speeding... page: 40
- The Rolls-Royce Design Solution page: 41
- Jane Tide Makes An Impact page: 41
- Halliburton Brings Viking To GOM page: 42
- ABS Speeds Truss Spar Projects to GOM page: 42
- Bollinger Signs Contract For Supply Boat Trio page: 43
- As Banks Step Down, Equipment Finance Companies Step Up page: 44
- Cummins Inc. And CitiCapital Launch Alliance page: 46
- ACR — On The Road To Safety And Survival Technology page: 48
- New Service Frees Ships From Hostile Situations page: 49
- Positive Outlook for Global Subsea Development, Deepwater Strengthening page: 50
- A World of Controversy page: 64
- INTERTANKO Holds Firm Position o n M a r i t i m e security page: 66
- North Mariner — In A Class of Its Own page: 68
- Volvo Penta Engines In Clean Design Ferry page: 69
- Hernis 400 System Is Safe And Sound page: 69
- The Dash for Gas page: 74
- BP's Discovery Is Re-Named Thunder Horse page: 75
- Crowley Moves ExxonMobil Concrete Island Drilling page: 76
- Dresser-Rand Equips Petrobras FPSO page: 76
- Transas Launches LNG Tanker Simulator page: 76