ARL Releases ShipConstructor2005
Albacore Research Ltd (ARL) released ShipConstructor2005, the latest version of its AutoCAD-based 3-D product modeling software for the design and fabrication of complete ships and offshore structures.
ShipConstructor2005 was developed under AutoCAD20()5 with backwards compatibility to AutoCAD2004, providing many new functions that arc designed to improve productivity, not only while operating the software, but also downstream in production and through integration of ShipConstructor with other business processes. "The last development cycle had been a very short one, with ShipConstructor2004 released in October 2003. We decided to move our 2005 release date to June in order to take advantage of functional enhancements in Autodesk's spring release of AutoCAD2005," said Rolf G. Oetter, Founder and President of ARL.
With the introduction of the Hull module. ARL brings much of the functionality of the proven but so far standalone ShipCAM solution into ShipConstructor, thus running inside of AutoCAD. Users will be able to open ShipCAM files, import 3DM (Rhino) and ICES (most hull design programs) files.
The Hull module's functionality provides trim-able surfaces, stringer layouts.
pin-jigs and inverse bending.
Plate expansion, including forming templates, accuracy control data and strain maps are also included.
Established ShipConstructor modules (Manager, Structure. Pipe.
Penetrations, Equipment, HVAC) are boosted by numerous performance improvements to offer users more flexibility.
fine-grain control and quicker functionality. Notable features of ShipConstructor2005 include: Smart Bill of Materials: Improved Database Integration; and Pipe Module Enhancements.
C i r c l e 4 2 o n R e a d e r S e r v i c e C a rd
Other stories from July 2004 issue
- Ballast Water Management Acquiring Teeth page: 9
- ABS Guidance for Ballast Tank Inert Gas Systems page: 11
- New Crowley Tug Joins Fleet page: 12
- Hawaiian Catamaran: Environmental Awareness In Comfort page: 13
- Lake Express Vessel Enters Service page: 14
- ARL Releases ShipConstructor2005 page: 16
- Complete Vessel Structure Modeling and Part Nesting by Autoship page: 16
- PCU Jimmy Carter Christened page: 21
- And Then There Were Two page: 22
- Offshore Drilling: 5-Year Projection is $189B page: 24
- USCG Accelerates OPC Program page: 24
- Cianbro earns Maritime Stripes page: 26
- German RoRo Bastion page: 29
- Rigdon Marine: PSV Orleans Now Working page: 34
- MAN B&W Debuts 32/40CR Engine in Austria page: 37
- Hoegh Fleet Assessed $ 3 . 5 M Waste Dumping Fine page: 40
- Secure Seas, Open Ports page: 42
- Implementing the Strategy page: 44
- In U.S. Waters & On U.S. Shores page: 46
- Joint Bulker Project Seeks Industry Input page: 55