Roper Named Chairman, Eure President, Payne Executive VP At NORSHIPCO
Norfolk Shipbuilding & Drydock Corporation (NORSHIPCO) recently announced major changes in its corporate structure.
John L. Roper III has been elected chairman of the board of directors. Formerly president and chief executive officer, he will continue as CEO.
Charles H. Eure Jr., formerly executive vice president of operations, is now president and chief operating officer. W.D. Payne Sr., formerly senior vice president of production, has been named executive vice president of production.
Carlos E. Agnese, formerly vice president of estimating and contract administration, is now senior vice president in the same area. Ernest C. Reilly moves from assistant vice president of estimating and contract administration to vice president in the same functions.
Daniel H. Knight has been named assistant vice president and director of purchasing. John L.
Roper IV, formerly assistant treasurer and assistant secretary of the corporation, is now secretary and assistant treasurer.
Mr. Payne was also elected to the board of directors. Other members of the board are John L. Roper III, Mr. Eure, George W.
Roper II, L.C. Ackerman, William H. Jory, and O. Raymond Yates Jr.
Other stories from July 16, 1985 issue
- Marland Receives Contract For Six 1,000-Gph Mil-Spec Reverse Osmosis Purifiers page: 5
- Raytheon Marine Unveils N e w Doppler Speed Log page: 5
- Canonie Names Andrie Transportation Director page: 6
- Advanced Marine Awarded Navy Contracts Valued At Total Of $26.5 Million page: 6
- Newport News Shipbuilding Delivers 13th Los Angeles Class Submarine, SSN-718 "Honolulu/ To Navy page: 7
- U.S. Navy To Utilize Ship Analytics Simulator For Shiphandling Training page: 7
- Cummins-Powered Excursion Boat 'Missouri River Queen' Delivered By Marine Builders page: 8
- Todd, Bath Win Coast Guard Contracts Worth $352-Million page: 8
- A m e r i c a n - S t a n d a r d Offers N e w Bulletin On Replacing Heat Exchangers page: 8
- First Half Of Drydock ^Virginian' Arrives At Norshipco Yard page: 9
- Falk Corporation Announces Three Appointments page: 9
- Collins Gets $2.6-Million Contract From Kuwait For Electronic Repair Facility page: 9
- Korean Shipbuilders Request Reduction Of Interest Rates page: 10
- Gems Sensors Offers Kits To Custom-Assemble Level Indicators page: 10
- Tidewater Marine Service Modifies Vessel For West African Service page: 11
- I t a l i an Advanced Industries Formed By Finmeccanica page: 11
- Samsung Wins $50-Million Contract For Two Tankers For Australian Owner page: 11
- Burker Elected President And CEO Of Siemens-Allis page: 11
- Cousteaus Experimental Windship 'Alcyone' Arrives In New York page: 12
- George Panitz Journalist/NYSA Executive page: 12
- WEST COAST SHIPYARD page: 14
- U.S. NAVY OVERHAUL MARKET page: 24
- Nichols Bros. Delivers High-speed Passenger Catamaran To Crowley page: 29
- Roper Named Chairman, Eure President, Payne Executive VP At NORSHIPCO page: 29
- Vacuum Sewage Systems Described In Brochure Offered By Envirovac page: 30
- Tidewater Marine Vessel Adaptations Create New Market Opportunities page: 30
- Whittaker Survival Capsules Employ Formsprag Clutches For Extra Safety page: 30
- Rados Converts Tuna Purse Seiner Into Stern Trawler 'Alaska I' page: 31
- Sternwheeler 'Colonel' Launched By Moss Point Marine page: 31
- Navy Purchasing And NAVSEA Officials Address Marine Machinery Association Seminar page: 32
- $222.4-Million Navy Contract Awarded Pennsylvania Shipbuilding To Construct Two Fleet Oilers page: 33
- New Electronic Control Equipment From Danish Firm Described In Free Brochure page: 33
- Centrico's Westfalia Oil Purifiers Improve Engine Performance page: 33
- West Coast Shipyards page: 34
- FELS A nd Smit Combine Resources For Heavy Lifts page: 36
- Hope/Progressive Yard Delivers Patrol Boat To Bolivian Navy page: 36
- Blackmer Pump Offers New Marine And Special Products Bulletin page: 36
- Bender Shipbuilding Converts Two Offshore Supply Vessels For Tidewater Marine page: 38
- Fuel Management Systems Lease Program Introduced By DiFlo International page: 38
- Nippon Kokan Awarded Contract To Build Ferry For European Consortium page: 43
- Schrader Bellows Introduces New Line of Mini-Valves page: 43
- Lips Propellers Power Tanker "Eastern Sun' page: 45
- Hydraulic Governor Valve Control Surpasses Initial Expectations page: 46
- Wichmann Reports On First Year Of WX28 Engine Operation page: 46
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 46
- Fairbanks Morse Training Center Offers Finest In Hands-On Diesel Engine Service Training page: 47
- Flight Systems Introduces Model 995 Diesel Monitor page: 47
- New Technical Bulletin N o w Available From Ferrous Corporation page: 47
- British-Made Sea Star Blender Cuts Fuel Costs With Heavy And Light Oil Mixture page: 47