Unitor Ships Service Acquires G a m l e n M a r i ne
Norwegian-based Unitor Ships Service AS recently acquired the Gamlen Marine Chemicals activity of Sybron Chemicals Inc., Birmingham, N.J.
Gamlen Marine Chemicals, one of Unitor's competitors, has a worldwide network for distribution and sale of marine chemicals and services.
Gamlen Marine is one of the leading suppliers in this field and has gained special recognition for its cleaning and maintenance chemicals.
The purchase of Gamlen Marine is a strategic investment for Unitor.
It means a major strengthening of Unitor's competitiveness through an expanded product range, improved product availability and a major reinforcement of expertise within the chemical sector—both at headquarters and in the sales network.
The acquisition is expected to contribute to further improvement of Unitor's results during 1988.
Unitor already possesses a strong marine chemical activity through its Perolin Marine operation. Together with Gamlen Marine, this operation will now be integrated into Unitor Marine Chemicals as a separate division.
Its headquarters will continue to be located at Rickmansworth outside London. The product lines of both Perolin and Gamlen Marine will be integrated into one common line containing the best products from both ranges.
For additional information and free literature on Unitor, C i r c l e 9 o n Reader S e r v i c e Card
Other stories from March 1988 issue
- FIRST A.W.O. ANNUAL ISSUE page: 4
- Crane Consolidates Two Business Units To Form Crane M i d w e st page: 6
- Unitor Ships Service Acquires G a m l e n M a r i ne page: 6
- Fort Schuyler Forum To Be Held March 16 page: 7
- Racal Wins Major Radar Order From Midland Enterprises page: 7
- Racal To Demonstrate New Color ARPA At Whitehall Club In New York City page: 8
- New Diesel Pump Company Formed page: 8
- Substantial Savings Realized With HydroSwage MK III Tube Expander page: 9
- Slingmax Rigging Products Offers Literature On New Load-Lifting Equipment page: 9
- Quality Shipyards Delivers Third Pushboat In Series of Three To Ashland Oil Company page: 10
- Centrico Offers Advanced Oil Purifying Equipment page: 10
- Alfa-Laval Offers Quality Plate Heat Exchangers For Navy Shipboard Cooling Duties page: 11
- Constant-Tension Winch For Handling Rescue Boats Offered By Braden page: 12
- New Wooster Catalog Lists Anti-Slip Safety Stair/Walkway Products page: 12
- Tate Andale Offers Free 130-Page Catalog On Marine Products page: 13
- Harriet Harrison New Chairman Of AWO Southern Region page: 13
- AWO ANNUAL page: 14
- AWO'S REGULATORY ADVOCACY page: 18
- 1987: A YEAR OF MAJOR THREATS AND IMPORTANT VICTORIES page: 23
- Why You Should Be A Member Of AWO page: 24
- NAVY WILL SPEND OVER $9 BILLION IN FY 1988 ON R&D page: 27
- Fairbanks Morse Brochure Outlines Benefits Of New Ignition Generator page: 31
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 33
- A&T Receives Navy Contracts Worth $14.2 Million page: 37
- Textron Marine Systems Delivers 12th LCAC To Navy page: 38
- Avondale Industries Christens Their Second Landing Ship Dock In Series Of Five page: 38
- Mid-Coast Marine To Perform Overhaul Work At Coos Bay Drydock page: 39
- Moss Point Marine Delivers First Of Four Army Landing Ships page: 40
- Bethlehem Steel Christens Navy Oceanographic Survey Ship At Sparrows Point Shipyard page: 40
- Newport News Christens Newest Nimitz Carrier page: 41
- Avondale Plans Purchase Of Lockheed Shipbuilding's Gulfport Marine Division page: 42
- Free Color Brochure On Safety Release Hook For Rescue Boats page: 42
- First U.S.-Built Surimi Catcher/Processor Delivered By Halter Marine page: 46
- Lexair Offers Catalogs On 'Hi-Cyclic' And Poppet Type Two-Way Valves page: 47
- Navigation & Communications Equipment Review page: 48
- Robertson-Shipmate Introduces Multi-Station VHF Radiotelephone To U.S. Marine Market page: 56
- New Public Dock Facility At Port Of Iberia Is Reported A Success page: 56
- Skaarup Shipping Corporation Announces Executive Changes page: 62
- Cunard Installs Computerized Maintenance System From MMS Aboard Queen Elizabeth 2 page: 62
- National Waterways Conference Cosponsoring Seminar On Transportation Futures Markets page: 65
- Caterpillar Announces Extended Service Coverage For Industrial & Marine Engines page: 68
- Hyundai Building First In Series Of Three 250,000-Dwt VLCCs For World Wide Shipping Agency page: 68