Hofmeister Named VP Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc.
Leo L. Mellam, chairman of Flexi-Van Corporation, the New York City-based maritime equipment leasing company, recently announced the appointment of Hasko W. Hofmeister as vice president, Western Region of its subsidiary, Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc.
Mr. Hofmeister will direct the company's container and chassis leasing activities from San Francisco.
Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc. spans five continents, with over 219 offices where over $400 million in intermodal equipment is provided to the transportation industry worldwide.
Prior to joining Flexi-Van, Mr.
Hofmeister was a vice president at Pacific Far East Line, Inc., a San Francisco-based steamship company. Previous to that, Mr.
Hofmeister was associated with, and one of the founders of, Trans Ocean Leasing, a West Coastbased international intermodal leasing corporation. During his association with the intermodal container-leasing industry, he developed and implemented intermodal transportation service systems for U.S. exporters and im- porters throughout the world.
Using his extensive experience and expertise in all modes of transportation, he was responsible for developing total distribution programs for exporters and importers.
Flexi-Van Corporation, the parent company, recently announced third quarter earnings for 1977 of $5,545,000. The corporation also announced net income for nine months, September 30, 1977, of $13,368,000. According to Mr.
Mellam, chairman of Flexi-Van: "Mr. Hofmeister brings to the corporation's West Coast operations personal expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the region's marketing needs." Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc. is located at 351 California Street, San Francisco, Calif. 94104.
Other stories from March 1978 issue
- Pacific Far East Line To Sell Three Vessels page: 4
- Lockheed Launches Second Of Three 23,000-Ton Submarine Tenders page: 6
- Planning Research Corporation Wins $1.6-Million Contract To Modernize Army Watercraft page: 7
- Planning Research And Morris Guralnick Work On $500,000 Project page: 8
- Propeller Symposium Slated For May 1978 At Virginia Beach, Va. page: 10
- B&W To Transfer Control Of German Nuclear Firm To Brown Boveri Group page: 10
- CAI Appoints Gerald Harrison VP And Director Of Engineering page: 11
- Literature Describes Matched Systems Of Navigational Aids page: 11
- Sun Names Martinson Program Manager For Matson Containership page: 14
- Gamlen Chemical Names Kevin Smith Great Lakes Sales Rep page: 14
- Litton Exhibits New Load Monitoring System page: 16
- Pacific Northwest Section Hears Paper On Application Of Seakeeping Analysis page: 16
- Northwest Marine Iron Works Awarded $8-Million Navy Contract page: 18
- C.F. Bean Names John Lescroart VP For Washington Office page: 22
- Arab Shipbuilding And Repair Yard Officially Inaugurated At Bahrain page: 22
- Maritime Industry Impact On Nation's Economy Shown In MarAd Report page: 23
- ASNE Flagship Section Hears Dr. Thomas Cooper On Military R&D Programs page: 26
- Santa Fe Drilling Names Parry Manager All Drilling Rigs page: 26
- Sun Ship Lands Contract To Construct 720-Foot Containership For Matson Navigation page: 27
- Culpepper And Renehan Announces Formation Of New Steamship Agency page: 27
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Discusses Steering, Maneuvering And Controllability Of Surface Ships page: 27
- Planning Navigation/Communication Conference To Be Held In New York March 21, 22 And 23 page: 28
- Red Fox Announces New Type Marine Sanitation Device page: 29
- 'The Seaborne Transportation Of Liquefied Natural Gas 1977-1985 —Trades, Costs And Revenues' page: 32
- Bird-Johnson Company Appoints Alan Hanson page: 33
- International Ocean Transport Corporation Names Joseph Kearney page: 33
- Gotaas-Larsen Names Nyholm Executive VP page: 34
- Nimmo Named President Baker Marine Engineers page: 34
- LNG Docking Facility Contract Awarded To Raymond International page: 35
- Anastassios Fondaras Elected Chairman Tuned Sphere Int'l page: 36
- Goodwin And Ritchie Named Vice Presidents By Cleveland Tankers page: 38
- Economical Gas Turbine Paper Presented At ASNE Meeting In Groton page: 39
- Literature Available On Galbraith-Pilot Marine Packaged System Concept page: 39
- Hofmeister Named VP Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc. page: 40
- Bearing Condition Checked By New SPM Technique page: 40
- Lucian Q. Moffitt Names National Marine Enterprises page: 41
- Timmons & Charles, Inc. Appoints George Mahaly page: 41
- Nicolai Joffe Corp. Offers Brochure On Replacement Machinery page: 41
- Dr. Irene Peden Named To Kings Pt. Advisory Board page: 42
- Sydney Tharrington Elected President Marine Square Club page: 43
- Los Angeles Marine Societies Annual Joint Meeting page: 43
- MarAd Releases Report On Feasibility Of Exporting Slurried Coal page: 44
- DeLaval Appoints Foltz General Manager For Middle East page: 44
- Moran Appoints Capt. McVay —Names William Watt Assistant page: 47
- Capt. Stream And L.R. Glosten Form M.A. Stream Associates page: 48
- DeLaval Names Scordo Turbine And Compressor Division Sales Manager page: 49
- Richard M. Currence Named President Pott Offshore Division page: 49
- Ocean Fleets Limited Appoints Steven And Adams page: 50
- Port Of Palm Beach Building $4,500,000 Sugar Terminal page: 50