Sun Names Martinson Program Manager For Matson Containership
Sun Shipbuilding, Chester, Pa., has named Albert M. Martinson Jr. program manager for the Matson containership (Sun Hull No.
678) construction program.
In his new post, he will report to Robert Galloway, executive vice president, and will have ultimate responsibility for the overall success of the c o n t a i n e r s h i p construction program within the framework of company policies and procedures. To this end, he will coordinate and direct the execution of all matters concerning the program so that it meets the budget and delivery schedule.
Terms of the contract call for delivery of the 720-foot containership by January 1980.
Mr. Martinson is a graduate of Webb Institute of Naval Architecture, with a B.S. degree in naval architecture and marine engineering.
He held a number of engineering and naval architectural posts in 17 years with the Dravo Corporation in Pittsburgh, Pa., and was chief marine engineer of the Engineering Works Division when he left the company in 1970. He was then general manager of Matton Shipyard Co., Inc. of Cohoes, N.Y., before coming to Sun Ship in July 1971 as chief of the Machinery Technical Section. In August 1973, he was named a general superintendent and in 1976, he was appointed project manager for Industrial Products.
He is a member of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, American Society of Naval Engineers, and the Marine Historical Association.
He is a World War II veteran, having served 2y2 years in the U.S. Coast Guard.
Other stories from March 1978 issue
- Pacific Far East Line To Sell Three Vessels page: 4
- Lockheed Launches Second Of Three 23,000-Ton Submarine Tenders page: 6
- Planning Research Corporation Wins $1.6-Million Contract To Modernize Army Watercraft page: 7
- Planning Research And Morris Guralnick Work On $500,000 Project page: 8
- Propeller Symposium Slated For May 1978 At Virginia Beach, Va. page: 10
- B&W To Transfer Control Of German Nuclear Firm To Brown Boveri Group page: 10
- CAI Appoints Gerald Harrison VP And Director Of Engineering page: 11
- Literature Describes Matched Systems Of Navigational Aids page: 11
- Sun Names Martinson Program Manager For Matson Containership page: 14
- Gamlen Chemical Names Kevin Smith Great Lakes Sales Rep page: 14
- Litton Exhibits New Load Monitoring System page: 16
- Pacific Northwest Section Hears Paper On Application Of Seakeeping Analysis page: 16
- Northwest Marine Iron Works Awarded $8-Million Navy Contract page: 18
- C.F. Bean Names John Lescroart VP For Washington Office page: 22
- Arab Shipbuilding And Repair Yard Officially Inaugurated At Bahrain page: 22
- Maritime Industry Impact On Nation's Economy Shown In MarAd Report page: 23
- ASNE Flagship Section Hears Dr. Thomas Cooper On Military R&D Programs page: 26
- Santa Fe Drilling Names Parry Manager All Drilling Rigs page: 26
- Sun Ship Lands Contract To Construct 720-Foot Containership For Matson Navigation page: 27
- Culpepper And Renehan Announces Formation Of New Steamship Agency page: 27
- SNAME Chesapeake Section Discusses Steering, Maneuvering And Controllability Of Surface Ships page: 27
- Planning Navigation/Communication Conference To Be Held In New York March 21, 22 And 23 page: 28
- Red Fox Announces New Type Marine Sanitation Device page: 29
- 'The Seaborne Transportation Of Liquefied Natural Gas 1977-1985 —Trades, Costs And Revenues' page: 32
- Bird-Johnson Company Appoints Alan Hanson page: 33
- International Ocean Transport Corporation Names Joseph Kearney page: 33
- Gotaas-Larsen Names Nyholm Executive VP page: 34
- Nimmo Named President Baker Marine Engineers page: 34
- LNG Docking Facility Contract Awarded To Raymond International page: 35
- Anastassios Fondaras Elected Chairman Tuned Sphere Int'l page: 36
- Goodwin And Ritchie Named Vice Presidents By Cleveland Tankers page: 38
- Economical Gas Turbine Paper Presented At ASNE Meeting In Groton page: 39
- Literature Available On Galbraith-Pilot Marine Packaged System Concept page: 39
- Hofmeister Named VP Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc. page: 40
- Bearing Condition Checked By New SPM Technique page: 40
- Lucian Q. Moffitt Names National Marine Enterprises page: 41
- Timmons & Charles, Inc. Appoints George Mahaly page: 41
- Nicolai Joffe Corp. Offers Brochure On Replacement Machinery page: 41
- Dr. Irene Peden Named To Kings Pt. Advisory Board page: 42
- Sydney Tharrington Elected President Marine Square Club page: 43
- Los Angeles Marine Societies Annual Joint Meeting page: 43
- MarAd Releases Report On Feasibility Of Exporting Slurried Coal page: 44
- DeLaval Appoints Foltz General Manager For Middle East page: 44
- Moran Appoints Capt. McVay —Names William Watt Assistant page: 47
- Capt. Stream And L.R. Glosten Form M.A. Stream Associates page: 48
- DeLaval Names Scordo Turbine And Compressor Division Sales Manager page: 49
- Richard M. Currence Named President Pott Offshore Division page: 49
- Ocean Fleets Limited Appoints Steven And Adams page: 50
- Port Of Palm Beach Building $4,500,000 Sugar Terminal page: 50