CALENDAR OF COMING EVENTS
SHIP-trans-PORT Symposium Rotterdam, Netherlands Sept. 6-10 Sponsored by the Maritime Research Institute Netherlands (MARIN) and the Port of Rotterdam to celebrate the 50th anniversary of both organizations.
Contact: MARIN, P.O. Box 1555, 3000 BN Rotterdam, Netherlands, Tel. (010) 114768; telex 27067 nemar nl.
Kormarine '82 Busan, Korea September 6-11 Organized by Industrial and Trade Fairs, Ltd.
International Shipbuilding, Marine, Small Ships, and Fishing Exhibition.
Contact: Kallman Associates, 5 Maple Court, Ridgewood, N.J. 07450. Tel.
IREAPS Ninth Annual Symposium San Diego, Calif. September 14-16 Sponsored by The Institute for Research and Engineering for Automation and Productivity in Shipbuilding, the Maritime Administration, and the Ship Production Committee of SNAME.
Contact: Linda Bender, IIT Research Institute, 10 W. 35th Street, Chicago, 111. 60616. Tel. (312) 567-4618.
Canadian Offshore Resources Exposition Halifax, Nova Scotia September 15-17 Organized by Industrial Trade Shows of Canada.
Contact: James E. Myles, CEM, Manager, Trade Shows of Canada, 36 Butterick Road, Toronto, Ontario, M8W 328, Canada. Tel. (416) 252-7791.
Oceans '82 Washington, D.C. September 20-22 Sponsored by the Marine Technology Society.
Contact: George Gowans, Marine Technology Society. Tel. (202) 659-3251.
American Association of Port Authorities New York, N.Y. Sept. 27-Oct. 1 Sponsored by the AAPA.
71st Annual Convention and Exposition.
Contact: J. Ronald Brinson, AAPA, 1612 K Street N.W., Washington. D.C.
20006; or AAPA Exposition, c/o Impact International Inc., Suite 2505, John Hancock Center, Chicago, 111. Tel.
Ship Machinery, Marine Technology International Hamburg, Germany Sept. 28-Oct. 2 Sponsored by the German Marine Engineers, German Shipbuilding Industries Association, and Hamburg Messe und Congress, GmbH.
Contact: See Congress Intermaritec '82.
Congress Intermaritec '82 Hamburg, Germany Sept. 28-Oct. 2 Sponsored by the DKMM — German Committee for Maritime Research and Marine Technology, WIM — Association of Industrial Marine Technology, and VDSI — Association of German Marine Engineers.
Contact: Hamburg Messe und Congress, GmbH, Postfach 302-360, D-2000, Hamburg 36, Germany.
Ship Costs & Energy Symposium New York, N.Y. Sept. 30-0ct. 1 Sponsored by the New York Metropolitan section of SNAME.
Contact: Neil Reddy, SNAME, One World Trade Center, Suite 1369, New York, N.Y. 10048. Tel. (212) 440-0336.
ASNE Symposium '82—Destroyer, Cruiser & Frigate Technology Biloxi, Miss. Sept. 30-0ct. 2 Sponsored by American Society of Naval Engineers and the Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Pascagoula, Miss.
Contact: Jack Youngworth, Registration Chairman. P.O. Box 252, Pascagoula, Miss. 39567. Tel. (601) 935-3441.
Gastech '82 Port Maillot, France October 5-8 Organized by Gastech Ltd.
Ninth International LNG/LPG Conference and Exhibition. Contact: Peter Ingram, 2 Station Road, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1QP, England.
Tel. (09237) 76363; telex 924312 Gastech.
2nd International Conference On Floating Plants Point-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe October 11-13 Sponsored by SEPIC.
Contact: SEPIC, 40 Rue du Colisee, F75381, Paris, Cedex 08, France. Tel.
1-359-1030; telex 640450F SEPIC.
Scaffolding Conference Hunt Valley, Md. October 14, 1982 Sponsored by the Scaffold Industry Association.
Contact: Scaffold Industry Association, Inc., 14039 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, Calif. 91405. Tel. (213) 782-2012.
Fish Expo Boston, Mass. October 17-20 Exhibition and seminars organized by National Fisherman Expositions.
Contact: NFE, 21 Elm Street, Camden, Maine 04843. Tel. (207) 236-4342; cable NATFISH.
ISOSO VII—Maritime Management Conference & Exhibition New York, N.Y. October 18-20 Sponsored by the Maritime Association of the Port of Neiv York.
Contact: MAPONY, Suite 3400, 80 Broad Street, New York, N.Y. 10004, Tel. (212) 425-5704.
4th Annual Meeting Western Dredging Association New Orleans, La. October 21-22 Cosponsored by the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and the Permanent International Association of Navigation Congresses (PIANC).
Contact: George M. Watts, executive secretary, WEDA IV, P.O. Box 826, Kenner, La. 70063. Tel. (703) 524- 6367.
Supply '82 Sandvika, Norway November 16-19 Sponsored by K/S Selvig Publishing A/S.
International Exhibition of Offshore Supply Shipping. Contact: Inforama, P.O. Box 597, 1301, Sandvika, Norway.
SNAME—90th Annual Meeting New York, N.Y. November 17-19 Sponsored by The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
First International Maritime Exhibition.
Contact: Office of the Secretary, SNAME, One World Trade Center, Suite 1369, New York, N.Y. 10048.
Tel. (212) 432-0310.
Other stories from January 9, 1982 issue
- Dome Exploration And Production Interests Acquired By BP And LASMO page: 6
- Hemple's Names Hickey U.S. Technical Director page: 6
- FMC Launches Ice-Strengthened Barge For Service In Beaufort Sea page: 8
- SHIP COSTS & ENERGY 82 page: 10
- First Of Four Exxon Tankers Delivered By China Shipbuilding page: 12
- FCC Okays Automated Communication System For Inland Waterways page: 13
- 80-Ton Floating Crane Delivered To Great Southern page: 17
- Jackup Griffin-Alexander VII Outfitted, Starts Drilling In Gulf Of Mexico page: 17
- MarAd Approves Title XI Increase For Tugboat page: 38
- Reed Heads New Singapore Energy Products Office For Transamerica Delaval page: 38
- Lake Shore Offers Literature On Start-Master For Cummins Engines page: 40
- Kosonen Appointed At Life Cycle Engineering page: 40
- LEEVAC Names Stone To Customer Service Post page: 40
- Hvide Shipping Appoints Fitzgerald Vice President Government Relations page: 41
- Holland America Names Technical Vice President page: 41
- Crosby Group Offers Literature On Two New Series Of Overhaul Balls page: 43
- New Bulletin Describes Heat Exchanger Designs — Free Copies Offered page: 43
- Halter To Build Four 192-Foot Supply Boats For Petromar page: 44
- Moss Point Marine Completes Three-Vessel Order For Gulf Fleet Marine page: 44
- ASNE page: 50
- John Crane-Houdaille Names McLaughlin Vice President page: 60
- Plans For Five Ships Finalized In ACL Vessel Replacement Program page: 60
- New Deck Drains Featured In Free Wager Literature page: 61
- Peter Brix Elected To Board Of Twin City Barge page: 61
- MarAd Opens Fire-Fighting Training Center In Ohio page: 61
- CV Hellenic Cape Delivered To Hellenic By Singapore Yard page: 64
- MarAd Approves Title XI Application For 86 Barges, Towboats Jeffboat, Toutant page: 65
- Reynolds Marine Division Moves To New Offices Near Padre Island, Texas page: 65
- Bestobell Level Switches, Flowmeters To Be Handled By Armtec Industries page: 66
- Louis Allis Awarded Navy Contract Of $7.9 Million For Sonar Power Kits page: 66
- Royal Viking Appoints Vice President For Marketing, Planning page: 67
- SFRP Barge Covers For Coal Shipments Treated In New Proform Literature page: 67
- SRS Awarded Contract For 11 Oily Water Separators By NOAA page: 67
- CALENDAR OF COMING EVENTS page: 68
- Seaward To Distribute Sumitomo Marine Fenders In U.S.—Literature Available page: 69
- Concorde Line Names Otero Vice President page: 70
- Halter Announces Opening Of Drydock For Ship/Rig Repair—Literature Available page: 70
- St. John Shipbuilding Orders SPAR Associates Production Planning/Cost Control Systems page: 75
- TANO Appoints Lowrey And Albert Vice Presidents page: 75
- HUD Nears Completion Of $80 M i l l i on Conversion Of Bulk Carrier To Drillship For Australia page: 76
- Navy Subcontract Awarded Peck & Hale page: 91