Seaward To Distribute Sumitomo Marine Fenders In U.S.—Literature Available
Seaward International, Inc., Falls Church, Va., has expanded its line of marine fenders with the addition of the Sumitomo brand rubber dock fenders for which Seaward is now the exclusive U.S. representative.
Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., makes a wide variety of rubber fenders, primarily for docks and piers, which complement Seaward International's line of foam-filled marine fenders.
Seaward manufactures the Sea Cushion® fender. More recently, Seaward International developed the Floating Donut piling fender and the Sea Guard fender in response to specific fendering needs of the offshore and marine industries.
Seaward will be offering Sumitomo's Pi and Lambda fenders.
The Pi fenders have two outstanding features. The span of the buffers of the Pi fender can be adjusted so that a larger rubbing board can be fitted in order to offer lower face pressures, meet wide tidal variations, or cover a wide area of quay wall.
The Pi fender can also be installed either vertically or horizontally without the need for additional specific supports.
The Lambda fender was designed so that its face contacts the ship's hull evenly, offering stable performance during berthing operations.
As exclusive distributors, Seaward International will be able to offer a full range of support services to the U.S. purchasers of Sumitomo fenders.
For full details and free literature on Seaward's line of marine fenders, Write 71 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from January 9, 1982 issue
- Dome Exploration And Production Interests Acquired By BP And LASMO page: 6
- Hemple's Names Hickey U.S. Technical Director page: 6
- FMC Launches Ice-Strengthened Barge For Service In Beaufort Sea page: 8
- SHIP COSTS & ENERGY 82 page: 10
- First Of Four Exxon Tankers Delivered By China Shipbuilding page: 12
- FCC Okays Automated Communication System For Inland Waterways page: 13
- 80-Ton Floating Crane Delivered To Great Southern page: 17
- Jackup Griffin-Alexander VII Outfitted, Starts Drilling In Gulf Of Mexico page: 17
- MarAd Approves Title XI Increase For Tugboat page: 38
- Reed Heads New Singapore Energy Products Office For Transamerica Delaval page: 38
- Lake Shore Offers Literature On Start-Master For Cummins Engines page: 40
- Kosonen Appointed At Life Cycle Engineering page: 40
- LEEVAC Names Stone To Customer Service Post page: 40
- Hvide Shipping Appoints Fitzgerald Vice President Government Relations page: 41
- Holland America Names Technical Vice President page: 41
- Crosby Group Offers Literature On Two New Series Of Overhaul Balls page: 43
- New Bulletin Describes Heat Exchanger Designs — Free Copies Offered page: 43
- Halter To Build Four 192-Foot Supply Boats For Petromar page: 44
- Moss Point Marine Completes Three-Vessel Order For Gulf Fleet Marine page: 44
- ASNE page: 50
- John Crane-Houdaille Names McLaughlin Vice President page: 60
- Plans For Five Ships Finalized In ACL Vessel Replacement Program page: 60
- New Deck Drains Featured In Free Wager Literature page: 61
- Peter Brix Elected To Board Of Twin City Barge page: 61
- MarAd Opens Fire-Fighting Training Center In Ohio page: 61
- CV Hellenic Cape Delivered To Hellenic By Singapore Yard page: 64
- MarAd Approves Title XI Application For 86 Barges, Towboats Jeffboat, Toutant page: 65
- Reynolds Marine Division Moves To New Offices Near Padre Island, Texas page: 65
- Bestobell Level Switches, Flowmeters To Be Handled By Armtec Industries page: 66
- Louis Allis Awarded Navy Contract Of $7.9 Million For Sonar Power Kits page: 66
- Royal Viking Appoints Vice President For Marketing, Planning page: 67
- SFRP Barge Covers For Coal Shipments Treated In New Proform Literature page: 67
- SRS Awarded Contract For 11 Oily Water Separators By NOAA page: 67
- CALENDAR OF COMING EVENTS page: 68
- Seaward To Distribute Sumitomo Marine Fenders In U.S.—Literature Available page: 69
- Concorde Line Names Otero Vice President page: 70
- Halter Announces Opening Of Drydock For Ship/Rig Repair—Literature Available page: 70
- St. John Shipbuilding Orders SPAR Associates Production Planning/Cost Control Systems page: 75
- TANO Appoints Lowrey And Albert Vice Presidents page: 75
- HUD Nears Completion Of $80 M i l l i on Conversion Of Bulk Carrier To Drillship For Australia page: 76
- Navy Subcontract Awarded Peck & Hale page: 91