Furuno Appoints New Direct Sales Force
Furuno U.S.A., Inc. of San Francisco recently announced the appointment of six direct Furuno employees as regional managers. These men, all with years of experience in the industry, will provide more effective communication between Furuno and the dealers, thereby meeting the needs of customers most efficiently.
Hugh R. Zeller, covering the Northeast U.S. and Canada, has worked in marine electronics for 20 years. He served as northeast sales manager and product manager for Raytheon Marine, and most recently was president of Dolphin Electronics.
Roy E. Thompson, covering New York, Conneticut, and the Great Lakes, has spent most of his adult life in the marine electronics industry, beginning with five years in the U.S. Navy as an electronics technician. He has conducted geophysical surveys aboard an oceanographic research vessel and worked in field service and sales for both Raytheon and Decca.
James Atteridge, covering the Mid-Atlantic region, has been involved in marine electronics for the past 11 years. His experience includes the position of national sales manager for Raytheon and group vice president for Cibernet International.
Howard S. Palmer, covering the Southeast, has been employed in the retail marketing of marine electronics for the past five years, and served nine years in the U.S.
A.A. Weghorst, covering the Gulf Coast and inland rivers territory, served four years in the Navy as a radio operator, and has been in the marine electronics industry for a total of 16 years.
David M. Quarders, covering the Northwest, has been a field sales representative with Furuno for a number of years, and will take on additional responsibilities as west- ern manager.
Other stories from October 15, 1984 issue
- McDermott Scotland Gets $ 8 5 + Million Order For Offshore Jacket & Modules page: 4
- Keel Laid At Jeffboat Yard For Paddlewheeler 'General Jackson' page: 6
- Bender Monitors Protect Offshore Power Supplies page: 6
- Hyundai Delivers First Ship Built In Korea For Australian Owner page: 6
- Cantrill Appointed Vice President of Sales For Lister Diesel Inc. page: 7
- Helton Appointed Vice President Of Sea-Land Alaska Division—Other Promotions Announced page: 7
- Cape-Bay Shipbuilders Offer Free Literature On "American Tug-Yacht 38' page: 8
- Capital Marine Uses Computer Technology To Streamline Business page: 8
- KaMeWa Reports Lively Interest In Water Jet Propulsion Units page: 9
- Hirt Named West Gulf Operations Manager For Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 9
- St. Augustine Trawlers Awarded Contract To Build Cat-Powered Vessel page: 11
- Most Powerful Heavy Lift Cargo Ship Delivered by Hitachi Zosen page: 11
- United Technologies Names Skiba Operations Director For Diesel Systems Unit page: 14
- Literature Available On Harbormaster Transverse Mounted Propulsion Unit page: 14
- Hyde Awarded Contracts For Deck Machinery On Korean-Built Vessels page: 16
- Scientific-Atlanta Gets $8.5-Million Contract For Shipboard Platform Work page: 16
- New Literature Describes Neese Protective Clothing page: 16
- GASTECH '84 page: 18
- PAMS Installs New Drydock At Its River Plant page: 22
- Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Marine Fire Protection page: 22
- Sternwheeler 'Music City Queen7 Delivered By Marine Builders page: 26
- 70-Page Color Brochure And Orderbook Chart Available From Samsung page: 26
- Furuno Appoints New Direct Sales Force page: 28
- Hitachi Completes Crude/Products Carrier For Arapaho Shipping page: 28
- Crude/Chemical/Products Tanker Delivered By Wartsila's Turku Yard page: 30
- Big Ship Radar Line Introduced By Furuno page: 30
- EXPOSHIP Far East 84 page: 32
- Literature Available On Supercompact Radar From Furuno page: 35
- New Brochure Describes Heat Exchanger Designs page: 35
- Etheridge, Mangum And Brightwell Join SOFEC In Houston Office page: 35
- Halifax Shipyard Gets Contract For C$10.7 Million To Modernize Canadian Coast Guard Tender page: 39
- Pientka And Brooks Named Vice Presidents At Comstat TeleSystems page: 39
- Newport News Shipbuilding Readies Roosevelt For Launch page: 39
- Multipurpose Vessel xHoegh Dyke' Delivered By Wartsila's Turku Yard page: 40
- Hugh Morgan Elected Vice Chairman And A Director Of Sonat Inc. page: 40
- ASMAR Completes Repairs To Chilean-Owned Frieghter page: 45
- Articulated Loading Platform Now Operating At Mobil's Statfjord XXC" Site page: 46
- Wartsila To Build 2,500-Passenger Ferry For Rederi AB Slite page: 46
- Mitsui Completes Big Products Tanker For Olympos Trading Corporation page: 47