PAMS Installs New Drydock At Its River Plant
Two significant events occurred at Midland/Port Allen Marine Services (PAMS) recently. The Baton- Rouge-based firm announced the installation of a new dry dock at its River Plant, located at Mile 224 on the Lower Mississippi River. The 1,200-ton drydock measures 56 feet between its wingwall and 155 feet in length. Since its placement, a series of barges has been drydocked including the Union Carbide barge.
With the drydock in place, PAMS has expanded its capabilities by offering quick turnaround to a variety of boats and barges in the Baton Rouge Harbor.
The company's River Plant continues to offer topside repair work with over 600 feet of repair dock space available. In addition, PAMS will continue to provide midstream repairs to deep-draft oceangoing vessels.
The Baton Rouge Harbor is also the site of PAMS Gas Freeing and Cleaning Plant which is capable of handling some 117 different chemical and petroleum products. In July, this facility reached a milestone.
The Cleaning Plant cleaned the largest barge to date, the Ocean 211, belonging to Sonat Marine. The barge, which is 500 feet long, 76 feet wide and 40 feet deep, was cleaned for taking on jet fuel.
PAMS Cleaning Plant treats and disposes of wash waters in strict adherence to all regulations established by the Louisiana State Department of Natural Resources and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
PAMS continues to expand its service and facilities to meet the needs of its customers. A "total service shipyard," Port Allen Marine is a subsidiary of Midland Affilated Company, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Circle 22 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 15, 1984 issue
- McDermott Scotland Gets $ 8 5 + Million Order For Offshore Jacket & Modules page: 4
- Keel Laid At Jeffboat Yard For Paddlewheeler 'General Jackson' page: 6
- Bender Monitors Protect Offshore Power Supplies page: 6
- Hyundai Delivers First Ship Built In Korea For Australian Owner page: 6
- Cantrill Appointed Vice President of Sales For Lister Diesel Inc. page: 7
- Helton Appointed Vice President Of Sea-Land Alaska Division—Other Promotions Announced page: 7
- Cape-Bay Shipbuilders Offer Free Literature On "American Tug-Yacht 38' page: 8
- Capital Marine Uses Computer Technology To Streamline Business page: 8
- KaMeWa Reports Lively Interest In Water Jet Propulsion Units page: 9
- Hirt Named West Gulf Operations Manager For Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 9
- St. Augustine Trawlers Awarded Contract To Build Cat-Powered Vessel page: 11
- Most Powerful Heavy Lift Cargo Ship Delivered by Hitachi Zosen page: 11
- United Technologies Names Skiba Operations Director For Diesel Systems Unit page: 14
- Literature Available On Harbormaster Transverse Mounted Propulsion Unit page: 14
- Hyde Awarded Contracts For Deck Machinery On Korean-Built Vessels page: 16
- Scientific-Atlanta Gets $8.5-Million Contract For Shipboard Platform Work page: 16
- New Literature Describes Neese Protective Clothing page: 16
- GASTECH '84 page: 18
- PAMS Installs New Drydock At Its River Plant page: 22
- Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Marine Fire Protection page: 22
- Sternwheeler 'Music City Queen7 Delivered By Marine Builders page: 26
- 70-Page Color Brochure And Orderbook Chart Available From Samsung page: 26
- Furuno Appoints New Direct Sales Force page: 28
- Hitachi Completes Crude/Products Carrier For Arapaho Shipping page: 28
- Crude/Chemical/Products Tanker Delivered By Wartsila's Turku Yard page: 30
- Big Ship Radar Line Introduced By Furuno page: 30
- EXPOSHIP Far East 84 page: 32
- Literature Available On Supercompact Radar From Furuno page: 35
- New Brochure Describes Heat Exchanger Designs page: 35
- Etheridge, Mangum And Brightwell Join SOFEC In Houston Office page: 35
- Halifax Shipyard Gets Contract For C$10.7 Million To Modernize Canadian Coast Guard Tender page: 39
- Pientka And Brooks Named Vice Presidents At Comstat TeleSystems page: 39
- Newport News Shipbuilding Readies Roosevelt For Launch page: 39
- Multipurpose Vessel xHoegh Dyke' Delivered By Wartsila's Turku Yard page: 40
- Hugh Morgan Elected Vice Chairman And A Director Of Sonat Inc. page: 40
- ASMAR Completes Repairs To Chilean-Owned Frieghter page: 45
- Articulated Loading Platform Now Operating At Mobil's Statfjord XXC" Site page: 46
- Wartsila To Build 2,500-Passenger Ferry For Rederi AB Slite page: 46
- Mitsui Completes Big Products Tanker For Olympos Trading Corporation page: 47