New Terry Turbine Offers Low-Cost Maintenance
—Literature Available Terry Steam Turbine has announced a new single-stage turbine for applications up to 50 hp, incorporating a unique "back-pullout" feature which assures minimal maintenance expense, according to William L. Wathen, Terry president.
Called GLT-260, the small turbine meets the longevity requirements of API 611, and includes Terry's unique rotating parts assembly design, affording the proven maintenance simplicity of back pullout pumps. "This provides remarkable convenience, and maintenance time savings," Mr. Wathen said.
Other GLT-260 features include: Terry's proven cantilevered, solidwheel design; oil-free lubricating system; innovative governor valve, and tight shut-off trip valve; component standardization; steel casing, and stainless steel glands.
With one packing box, GLT-260's gland maintenance costs are cut in half. Also corrosion and erosion problems—common in iron or carbon steel gland boxes—are minimized with use of stainless steel.
The unit's high temperature ball bearings are sealed and greasepacked, eliminating the need for lube oil, related maintenance costs, and cooling water. Bearing life is L- 10, in excess of 50,000 hours.
Standard governor provided with the GLT-260 is a Woodward TG-13.
"Its high-level performance and excellent maintenance record help assure long, trouble-free service," Mr.
GLT-260 turbines are available in inlet pressures and temperature ratings to 650 psig (45.7KG/CM2) and 750F (399C), and back pressures to 75 psig (5.3 KG/CM2).
Terry Steam Turbine, headquartered in Windsor, Conn., is a component of Ingersoll Rand Worldwide, with other manufacturing facilities in Niantic, Conn.; Germany; Mexico; and Canada.
For further literature containing full information, Circle 6 1 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 15, 1985 issue
- Tenneco Announces A Significant Oil Discovery Off Norway page: 4
- Tarbutton Elected VP For American Maritime page: 5
- CSSRA Annual Conference Set For February 10-11 In Montreal, Canada page: 6
- $18.3-Million Contract To Dillingham Ship Repair For T-ACS Conversion page: 6
- MarAd Selects 15 Port Locations To Berth 37 RRF Cargo Vessels page: 6
- Pielstick Diesels Will Power Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship page: 7
- Marinette Marine Complete Expansion Of Dockwall Along Menominee River page: 8
- Avondale Offers Free Color Brochure On Full Propeller Line page: 8
- New Corporation Formed, Warren Pumps Inc. page: 8
- Free 14-Page Booklet On Gas Turbine Controls Offered By Woodward page: 8
- Seebeckwerft To Build Cellular Containership For China Ocean Shipping page: 9
- Contracts Awarded To Bardex Hydranautics page: 9
- MarAd Awards Research Contract For $343,819 To Detroit Diesel page: 9
- Hamburg Yard Jumboizes First Of Four Vessels For Hapag-Lloyd page: 9
- NKF Engineering Expands With Acquisition Of Two Additional Firms page: 10
- Sparrows Point Yard Delivers Third Maersk MPS Conversion page: 10
- New Terry Turbine Offers Low-Cost Maintenance page: 10
- Moss Point Reports On Recent Progress And Backlog At Yard page: 11
- Johnson & Towers Named Distributor For John Deere Diesels page: 11
- EUROPORT '85 page: 14
- Hyundai Launches First Of Three Big Bulk Carriers For Bocimar page: 20
- Baldt Announces Corporate Reorganization page: 20
- Gems Roli Provides Continuous Level Indication For Deep Tanks page: 21
- Stork Services Ncimes Curacao Drydock Inc. U.S. Agent page: 22
- $46-Million Rehabilitation Of Port Of Portland's Terminal 2 Now Underway page: 22
- $84.2 Million In Contracts Signed For Construction Of 2 Big Bulkers In Brazil page: 22
- John Gaughan To Be Nominated To Head Maritime Administration page: 22
- Pennsylvania Shipbuilding Dedicates Fast Supply Ship U.S.N.S. Denebola page: 26
- Western Cruise Lines Names David Sparkuhl Operations Manager page: 27
- Midland Affiliated Names P.E. Hubbard Senior VP, Sales And Marketing page: 27
- Trimble Introduces The New LorarrGPS 10X page: 28
- Port of London Awards Norcontrol Contract For Radar Display System page: 28
- Raytheon Introduces Digital Depth, Speed And Temperature Indicator page: 29
- Siemens Introduces New Shipboard Control System page: 29
- Amoco Contracts With MMS For Planned Maintenance System page: 29
- Racal/Marconi Simulator Built For Finnish Technical Research Center page: 30
- Multipurpose Container/Bulk Ships Delivered By Samsung Shipyard page: 30
- Siemens Offers Brochure On Automatic Remote Control System DIFA 41 page: 30
- GASTECH 85 page: 32
- Porter Named VP, Raymond Fabricators page: 39
- Matson Navigation Orders 3 Mitsui/Paceco Container Cranes For $10 Million page: 39
- Company Executives Switch Positions page: 39
- Koch-Ellis Pioneers Aerobic Digesting Systems In Wash Water Treatment page: 40
- Colombo Dockyard Offers Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 40
- Literature Offered On Cartridge-Mounted Seal For Viking Pumps page: 40
- 3-Component Design Now Lets Users Build Own Liquid Flow Monitoring And Control System page: 45