Aluminum Boats Delivers 150-Passenger Excursion Boat To Maryland Tours
Aluminum Boats, Inc. of Crown Point, La., recently delivered the Baltimore Sentinel, a 63- foot-long by 20-foot beam, 150-passenger excursion boat, to Maryland Tours, Inc. of Baltimore, Md.
The new vessel made the 2,000-mile delivery trip from its south Louisiana shipyard " ... absolutely trouble-free, without even a minor problem," general manager of Aluminum Boats Salvador J. Guarino, said.
The Baltimore Sentinel is the latest addition to Maryland Tours' fleet of six excursion boats that offer tours of Baltimore Harbor, Fort McHenry, and other points of interest along Maryland's eastern shore.
The main deck enclosed cabin configuration with additional topside open-air seating gives the boat added flexibility for private charters.
The vessel is powered by two Cummins 6BTA engines with a ZF combination clutch and "V" drive gear arrangement equipped for keel cooling.
A Cummins 30-kw generator supplies the electrical power as well as providing power for the bowthruster.
The pilothouse features a single station Wagner hydraulic steering system and Morse engine controls. Incorporated in the main console is an electronics package which includes a Regency VHF, a Datamarine Fathometer, and a Bogen entertainment system.
Passenger viewing is enhanced by large aluminum- framed safety plate sliding windows, and six tons of Ruud air conditioning and heating make the boat suitable for all seasons operations.
The boat's builder, Aluminum Boats, Inc., was recently acquired by Trinity Industries, Inc.
of Dallas, Texas, which owns and operates the Trinity Marine Group.
For more information and free literature on the facilities and capabilities of Aluminum Boats, Inc., C i r c l e 4 9 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from March 1989 issue
- HBC Barge Acquired By Trinity Industries page: 5
- Marine Interiors Offers Free Literature Listing Products And Services page: 6
- M a r i t i m e London 8 9 To Be Held April 17-21 In City Of London page: 6
- Swagelok Quick-Connects With Heavy-Duty Body Sleeve Now Available page: 8
- Palmer Offers Brochure On Cavitation-Reducing Polymer Coatings page: 8
- T w i n Disc Expands M a r i n e Transmission Series For Workboat Applications page: 9
- Soundcoat Offers Brochure On Vibration-Dissipating Noise Reduction Material page: 9
- N a u t i C a n Enterprises Reports Advanced Propeller Nozzle Improves Thrust, Lowers Drag page: 10
- Gladding-Hearn Announces Sale Of 3rd High-Speed Ferry For Great Lakes page: 10
- Avondale Boat Division Building 400-Passenger SES Ferry page: 11
- Lykes Names Two Senior VPs And Three New VPs page: 11
- Navigation & Communications Equipment Review page: 12
- N A V Y — A $35-BILLION ANNUAL MARKET page: 25
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 27
- ASNE-Mechanicsburg Section To Host Annual N a v a l Logistics Symposium In Carlisle, Pa., O n March 7 -9 page: 30
- Newest Navy Crane Ship Christened 'Diamond State' At Tampa Shipyards page: 31
- Southwest M a r i n e Drydocks Two N a v y Vessels Simultaneously For Extensive Repair Work page: 34
- Portland Ship Repair Yard Posts Successful Year page: 34
- Eldec Corporation And Dunlop Limited Form Joint Venture Company page: 34
- Dampa Appoints Hopeman Brothers Sole U.S. Distributor page: 35
- Compass Display Protected From Abrasion By Coating page: 36
- ABS Forms Corporate Quality Assurance Group page: 36
- Imperial Immersion Suits Save Lives; Survivors Get Club Membership page: 36
- SSE Launches New Class Corvette For Singapore Navy page: 38
- L&C Associates Offers Brochure On Marine Dehumidification Service page: 38
- Rolla's New Five-Bladed REXP5 Propeller Represents Breakthrough In Design page: 38
- Cargocaire Introduces Marine Dehumidifier page: 39
- Marinette Marine Tests MCM-2 Propulsion Plant page: 40
- New Generator Line From Marathon Electric page: 40
- Pan American Hovercraft Offers Color Brochure On New Design Hovercraft page: 43
- VPSI Completes Crankshaft Contract page: 43
- A W O Acclaimed For Quick, Decisive Action To Combat Drought Effects page: 44
- CABOTAGE: I N THE INTEREST OF N A T I O N A L DEFENSE A ND COMMERCE page: 46
- SUCCESS O N TAX FRONT DOMINATED 100TH CONGRESS page: 47
- W O R K I N G TOWARD CLEAN AIR A ND CLEAN WATER page: 49
- Muller Appointed Assistant VP-Operations At Moran Towing page: 51
- A W O Annual M e e t i n g To Be Held In Washington, D.C. April 6 -7 page: 51
- Literature Available On Circle Seal's Plastic Inline Check/Relief Valves page: 51
- New Commuting Service Begins Between New Jersey And New York page: 51
- New Engine Analyzer Reduces Fuel Costs On Marine Diesels page: 52
- American United Marine Wins Achievement Award For TFC Compactor Sales page: 52
- First U.S. Commercial SWATH To ABS Class Under Construction page: 53
- Unitor Ship's Hospital, Safety And Maintenance Equipment Chosen For 'Royal Viking Sun' page: 53
- Aluminum Boats Delivers 150-Passenger Excursion Boat To Maryland Tours page: 63
- Alfa Products Introduces New Boat Bilge Cleaner —Literature Available page: 63