posted by Irina Tabakina
EIVA has launched a NaviSuite eLearning site, which via an annual subscription aims to offers users training modules covering various aspects of the NaviSuite features and applications that they can access regardless of the time of the day and where they are in the world.
According to EIVA, the site will see continuous development in the coming months and years with additional modules being added to the site, based on input from the users. Thereby, users can expand and update NaviSuite skills on an ongoing basis, as a supplement to EIVA’s classroom training courses in the NaviPac, NaviScan, NaviEdit, NaviModel and NaviPlot solutions. A personal login allows users to track and document learning progress and achievements.
When the library of eLearning modules reaches a level matching the content of EIVA’s current classroom training courses, the latter will be redefined to focus on specialist courses, EIVA said. NaviSuite users will be able to achieve an understanding of the NaviSuite products via the eLearning site alone, which then will be expanded with dedicated, in-depth specialist classroom training courses.
All EIVA classroom training course participants in 2013, 2014 and 2015, as well as everyone who signs up before December 31, will get a discount.
(As published in the September 2015 edition of Marine Technology Reporter - http://www.marinetechnologynews.com/Magazine)
Other stories from September 2015 issue
- 20 Teams Vie for Wave Energy Prize page: 12
- Makai Expands Marine Corrosion Lab page: 14
- The Lowdown on Ocean Acidification page: 16
- Riding the Waves and Tides to a Cleaner Energy Future page: 20
- Maritime Surveillance in the New Millennium page: 24
- Tackling Subsea Blockages page: 30
- Extreme Sampling: Hadal Trenches page: 34
- Injecting 45 Years of New Life page: 40
- ROV Put to the Test page: 46
- OTT Hydrometry & the New Monitoring Network for Scottish Ports page: 50
- Accelerating Mapping, Surveys with High Speed ROV Ops page: 52
- ASI Marine & its Mohican ROV perform Deepest Tunnel Inspection page: 53
- QINSy page: 56
- EIVA NaviSuite page: 57
- The Sustainable Ocean Summit set for Singapore page: 59