McDermott Restructures O p e r a t i n g Unit Into Five A r e a s Of Responsibility
R.K. Richie, president and chief operating officer of the McDermott Operating Unit of J. Ray McDermott & Co., Inc., recently announced a management realignment.
In announcing the restructuring of the unit into five major areas of responsibility, Mr. Richie said the change will enable Mc- Dermott to better serve the company's clients.
C.L. Davis becomes executive vice president, Oceanic Contractors, Inc., responsible for the Middle East and Southeast Asia areas.
Mr. Davis joined the McDermott organization in 1969 as an operations engineer in the Middle East, becoming vice president of the Middle East operations in 1972, and Group vice president there in 1974. Since that time, he has been responsible for foreign operations.
I.R. Foster becomes senior vice president and Group executive, McDermott Operating Unit, responsible for Harvey Division, M c D e r m o t t Shipyards, Mexico, Canada, and the East and West Coasts of the U.S. Mr. Foster joined McDermott in 1957 as a field engineer. Having served as division engineer for the Marine Pipeline Division and the Offshore Division, he became manager of offshore construction in 1965. In 1975, he was named vice president of Oceanic Contractors, and in 1978, Group vice president and assistant to the president, Mc- Dermott Operating Unit.
W.E. Earles.becomes senior vice president and Group executive, McDermott Operating Unit, responsible f o r F a b r i c a t i o n and Structural, Gulf of Mexico-U.S.A.
A f t e r Mr. Earles joined the company in 1955, he served in several administrative posts. He became assistant division manager of the Fabrication Division in 1964, and manager in 1966. In 1972, he became general manager of both the Fabrication and Offshore Divisions.
He was named vice president in 1972, and Group vice president, Structural Group, in 1974.
E.R.H. Selley becomes senior vice president and Group executive, Oceanic Contractors, Inc., responsible for North Sea, West African, Central and South American areas. Mr. Selley joined the company in 1968 as resident managing director and Southeast Asia representative. In 1973, he became vice president of Oceanic Contractors, Inc., in charge of the Southeast Asia area, and in 1974 was named Group vice president.
Since 1978, he has been the Group vice president for Oceanic Engineering Services in London.
R.E. Howson becomes senior vice president and Group executive, McDermott Engineering. Mr.
Howson joined Oceanic Contractors in 1972, after having had several years of experience in the offshore field. In 1974, he was named Group vice president of Oceanic's North Sea Group.
Other stories from March 15, 1980 issue
- N e w Container Cranes For Port Of O a k l a nd Expansion Program page: 6
- D r i l l i n g Rig Delivered To M a r i n e Drilling Co. By Bethlehem Steel page: 8
- M a n d a t o r y Use Of C o l l i s i o n A v o i d a n ce E q u i p m e n t Proposed page: 9
- A l l e n R. Stern N a m ed President Of I n g r am E x p l o r a t i o n C o m p a ny page: 9
- API Announces 1980 T a n k e r Conference Set For M a y 11-14 page: 11
- Bruce W e i n s t e in A p p o i n t e d C o o r d i n a t or At B u t t e r w o r t h Systems page: 11
- B&W Shipyard Delivers M / S ' W h i t e Nile' page: 12
- Gulf Fleet M a r i n e Adds 9 5 t h Vessel To Expanding O f f s h o r e Service Fleet page: 12
- M A R C O O f f e r s Literature On T r a w l i n g / S e i n i n g Winch page: 12
- N o r m a n Meyer A p p o i n t ed VP Of Sperry Unit page: 12
- Joint M e e t i n g Held By SNAME C h e s a p e a k e / A S N E Flagship Sections page: 14
- McDermott Restructures O p e r a t i n g Unit Into Five A r e a s Of Responsibility page: 14
- Mitsubishi Appoints Oosterhuis Industries Gulf Coast Distributor For Diesel Engines page: 18
- H o n g k o n g United Dock Ships 210-Ton Buoy For PEMEX page: 18
- $ 3 5 - M i l l i o n Two-Rig Contract For I n g a l ls page: 20
- S i n g a p o r e Signs Contract For Imodco H a r b o r T e r m i n al page: 20
- e l f - D u m p i n g Barge Launched By FMC page: 22
- J . J . Henry Co. Opens Houston Office page: 28
- Navidyne Receives Orders For Satellite Navigation Systems page: 38
- Zapata Orders Three Rigs Costing $105 Million page: 38
- Perry Oceanographies, Inc. Offers Services And Products Brochures page: 38
- Specifications Available On New Model Facsimile Receiver By Raytheon page: 40
- Gerald Albert Promoted To President Of EDO Corp. page: 40
- Technical Management Reorganization Announced By B&W Engineering page: 42
- John G. Rogers Appointed Facility Services Manager At Bethlehem Steel Corp. page: 42
- Morris Guralnick Assoc. Names Darrel W. Starr Jr. Chief Mechanical Engineer page: 44
- IHI Completes Accommodation Barge For Abu Dhabi Oilfield page: 44
- McDermott Unit Names Five New Vice Presidents page: 45
- R.J. Brown & Associates Receive Esso Contract For Pipeline Post-Trenching Plow page: 46
- Free Bulletins Describe Pourable Epoxy Resin Chocking System page: 48
- Hakenjos Named President Of A.G.C. Chapter page: 48
- SNAME San Diego Section Discusses LHA Rampwell Design page: 50
- George C. Cassa Promoted At J . J . Henry Co page: 50
- Bauer Elected President Engineering Controls page: 51
- P. Takis Veliotis Elected Executive VP-Marine At General Dynamics page: 51
- Sun Ship 'Christens' New Living Accommodations For Navy Crews page: 52
- Jumbo America, Inc.—New Heavy-Lift Co. Formed page: 52
- Schnitzer-Leven Marine Company Names Hemphill Marine Services Manager page: 52
- Literature Describes New Gems Shock Cushioned Liquid Level Switch page: 52
- John Farris Named To Planning Post At Pall Corporation page: 53
- Information Available On Oil Containment Boom page: 53
- N.Y. Metropolitan Section SNAME Hears Technical Paper On Finite Element Analysis Techniques page: 54
- Portable Ventilation Equipment Catalog Offered By Coppus page: 54
- Harry R. Kraus Appointed VP At Dravo Division page: 54
- Port Of New Orleans Mariners Club Elects New Officers & Directors page: 55
- Vickers Limited Announces Acquisition Of Jered Industries page: 56
- NASSCO Appoints Two To New Executive Posts page: 56
- Two Unique Proposals By Seaforth Maritime page: 56