Bayou Black Delivers Sundance Sunset
Bayou Black Shipyard, Inc., Gibson, La., recently delivered the Sundance Sunset (shown above) to Sundance Marine of Houston, Texas. The vessel was the fourth of its kind delivered to the Houston firm this year.
The all-aluminum vessel is 42 feet long with a 13-foot beam, and 6.5-foot depth midship.
The main propulsion is supplied by two G.M. Detroit Diesel Allison 6-71 engines provided by George Engine Co. of Morgan City.
Propellers furnished by Toups Propellers of Abbeville, La., are 28-inch by 30-inch Columbian bronze hydrosonic. Shafts are 2-inch stainless steel.
Fuel is carried in an independent 300- gallon tank located in the lazarette. Both engines are electric start with power provided by two 12-volt dc batteries.
Electronic equipment provided by Bibbins and Rice of Morgan City consists of a Standard Horizon VHF-FM radio, and a model No. 240, Mark II Furuno radar. Engine controls are Morse cable type and steering system is a self-contained hydraulic type. The vessel is U.S. Coast Guard certified to carry 16 passengers and a crew of two.
Other stories from October 15, 1981 issue
- INMARSAT Set For February 1 Start page: 6
- Launch First Five-Screw Crewboat At Gulf Craft; Diesel Plant Modified By George Engine page: 7
- Submersible Drilling Barge "The Mr. Ray' Christened At McDermott Yard page: 8
- Tidewater Elects Bankston President, Koock, Ramey Are New VPs page: 8
- Crowley Establishes Unit For Energy Transportation Headed By VP Kirkeide page: 9
- Mrs. Joseph Elected Director At Twin City Barge page: 10
- Megasystems Cargo Control Systems Ordered For Product Carriers page: 10
- Dravo SteelShip Delivers The 'Mobilian' For Warrior And Gulf Navigation Company page: 11
- Moss Rosenberg Delivers First Of Three Chemical/Gas Carriers For Norwegian Owners page: 12
- Progressive Delivers First Boat For Africa page: 12
- Bay Shipbuilding Names John Schermond New Manager Of Contracts page: 13
- Zapata Christens Three Offshore Drilling Rigs Built In Singapore page: 13
- Bayou Black Delivers Sundance Sunset page: 14
- Two Brochures Available On Sperry's Doppler Speed, Navigation Systems page: 16
- SNAME Requests Technical Papers For 1982 Annual page: 16
- Five Executive Promotions Announced At Perko page: 16
- McAllister Names Alban Division Manager page: 17
- Research Continues For More Fuel Efficiency With Lower Grade Fuels page: 18
- Halter To Build Two Supply Vessels For Jackson Marine page: 51
- Canadian Firm Orders Four Large Bulk Carriers page: 52
- Seaward International Awarded Fourth Fendeir Contract By U.S. Navy page: 52
- Ashland Oil Will Use Megasystems D.O.T. Unit To Evaluate Additives page: 52
- IHI To Build World's First Mobile Arctic Caisson Rig For Beaufort Sea page: 55
- George Engine Reports Record Growth-Sales —Brochure Available page: 56
- DOT Approves License For Deepwater Oil Port Offshore Texas page: 57
- $3-Million Navy Contract Awarded To Tracor page: 57
- Christen Navy Hydrofoil 'Aquila' —Third Of Six Missile Ships Building At Boeing Marine page: 58
- HUDSHIP To Build Four Tug/Supply Vessels For Hornbeck page: 58
- 4,000-Ton Drydock 'H.S. Geneen' Ch ristened At Delta Shipyard page: 58
- Levingston Delivers Dixilyn-Field 87 page: 58
- Approve $16-Million MarAd Title XI Guarantee For Coal-Carrying Barge page: 75
- Megasystems Combustion Analysis Systems Ordered By Phillips page: 76
- $35.8-Million Contract Awarded To Build New Lock On Gulf Waterway page: 76