Allis-Chalmers Receives $6-Million M u d Pump Order From Wilson
The Marine Diesel Division of the Allis-Chalmers Corp., Milwaukee, Wis., recently received an order valued at more than $6 million covering construction of 60 mud pumps for drilling rigs made by the Wilson Manufacturing Co., Wichita Falls, Texas.
The division, whose major activity is construction of large marine diesel engines, also operates a custom manufacturing department which produces a wide range of products to specifications of other firms.
The Wilson Manufacturing Co.
is a major supplier of products used by oil well drillers. Allis- Chalmers will make equipment in Wilson's line of model 600 duplex mud pumps, 600 hp maximum at 95 strokes per minute.
Allis-Chalmers said that the order includes an option for 60 additional pumps. The order includes Allis-Chalmers responsibility f o r manufacture, assembly, test, and shipping of the pumps to Wilson dealers.
Other stories from December 15, 1981 issue
- Veliotis Takes New Post With General Dynamics page: 4
- Sun Company, Levingston Sign Letter Of Intent For Pa. Shipyard Sale page: 6
- American Steamship Names D. Ward Fuller As Its Chief Operating Officer page: 6
- Maher Expands Container Facility, To Install First Paceco Transtainers In N.Y. page: 15
- Kvaerner, Oy Navire To Merge Shipbuilding, Equipment Capabilities page: 15
- Baldt Inc. Develops New Abrasion-Resistant Chain —Brochure Available page: 15
- Kaiser Engineers Awarded Service Contract For Trident Sub Facilities page: 16
- Gulf Oil Announces Exec Assignments For Corporation And Divisions page: 18
- Largest U.S.-Built Hopper Dredge Launched At Avondale Shipyards page: 22
- ASNE Flagship Section Hears Paper On Engineering Costs And Risks page: 22
- DredgeMasters To Acquire Aquamarine Corporation page: 24
- Advanced Marine To Design New Ferryboat page: 24
- Newfoundland's Ocean Cargo Services Seen Expanding With Coming Offshore Oil Boom page: 24
- Soviets Plan Nuclear Powered Merchant Ship, To Be Completed By 1984 page: 25
- Spanish Shipbuilders Assoc. Publishes New Brochure —Copies Available page: 26
- Name John Malagraph General Manager Of Advanced Marine In N.Y. page: 26
- Shell To Provide Bunkering Service At Port Of Mobile —Literature Available page: 27
- Appoint Hession President Of Koehring Clyde, Whirley Crane Producer page: 27
- Name Parks President Of Farrell Lines page: 27
- Todd-Seattle Sponsors Marine Diesel Seminar page: 28
- Norcontrol To Install $3-Million Vessel Traffic System —Literature Available page: 28
- SNAME page: 36
- Moss Rosenberg Verft Develops Energy-Saving LNG Carrier page: 41
- $2.1-Million Title XI Guarantee For Tanker IGS And COW Retrofit page: 41
- SNAME New York Hears Paper On Marine Gas Chemists page: 42
- Utility Vessel M/V Lamnalco Mallard Delivered To Kuwait Service By HUDSHIP page: 42
- SNAME-New England, ASNE Hear Rear Adm. Beecher On Battleship Reactivation page: 42
- Allis-Chalmers Receives $6-Million M u d Pump Order From Wilson page: 43
- $1 -Billion Lube Oil Refinery To Be Constructed In Saudi Arabia page: 43