Name Parks President Of Farrell Lines
The board of directors of Farrell Lines Incorporated of New York has named Richard V.
Parks as president and chief operating officer, succeeding James P. Horn who has resigned.
Mr. Horn, formerly president of American Export Lines, joined Farrell in March 1978 after the latter company's p u r c h a s e of AEL. He served as a senior vice president of Farrell in charge of Mediterranean and Indian services, and in August of 1979 was c h o s e n p r e s i d e n t to succeed Thomas J. Smith.
Mr. Parks came to Farrell in March 1979, and before becoming executive vice president was senior vice president for operations and the North Europe service.
He was with Seatrain Lines from 1975 to early 1979, serving as general manager in Europe. Prior to that, he had been with Sea- Land Service f o r 17 years.
The announcement that Mr.
Horn had resigned and Mr. Parks named in his place was made by George F. Lowman, board chairman and chief executive officer of Farrell.
Read Name Parks President Of Farrell Lines in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of December 15, 1981 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from December 15, 1981 issue
- Veliotis Takes New Post With General Dynamics page: 4
- Sun Company, Levingston Sign Letter Of Intent For Pa. Shipyard Sale page: 6
- American Steamship Names D. Ward Fuller As Its Chief Operating Officer page: 6
- Maher Expands Container Facility, To Install First Paceco Transtainers In N.Y. page: 15
- Kvaerner, Oy Navire To Merge Shipbuilding, Equipment Capabilities page: 15
- Baldt Inc. Develops New Abrasion-Resistant Chain —Brochure Available page: 15
- Kaiser Engineers Awarded Service Contract For Trident Sub Facilities page: 16
- Gulf Oil Announces Exec Assignments For Corporation And Divisions page: 18
- Largest U.S.-Built Hopper Dredge Launched At Avondale Shipyards page: 22
- ASNE Flagship Section Hears Paper On Engineering Costs And Risks page: 22
- DredgeMasters To Acquire Aquamarine Corporation page: 24
- Advanced Marine To Design New Ferryboat page: 24
- Newfoundland's Ocean Cargo Services Seen Expanding With Coming Offshore Oil Boom page: 24
- Soviets Plan Nuclear Powered Merchant Ship, To Be Completed By 1984 page: 25
- Spanish Shipbuilders Assoc. Publishes New Brochure —Copies Available page: 26
- Name John Malagraph General Manager Of Advanced Marine In N.Y. page: 26
- Shell To Provide Bunkering Service At Port Of Mobile —Literature Available page: 27
- Appoint Hession President Of Koehring Clyde, Whirley Crane Producer page: 27
- Name Parks President Of Farrell Lines page: 27
- Todd-Seattle Sponsors Marine Diesel Seminar page: 28
- Norcontrol To Install $3-Million Vessel Traffic System —Literature Available page: 28
- SNAME page: 36
- Moss Rosenberg Verft Develops Energy-Saving LNG Carrier page: 41
- $2.1-Million Title XI Guarantee For Tanker IGS And COW Retrofit page: 41
- SNAME New York Hears Paper On Marine Gas Chemists page: 42
- Utility Vessel M/V Lamnalco Mallard Delivered To Kuwait Service By HUDSHIP page: 42
- SNAME-New England, ASNE Hear Rear Adm. Beecher On Battleship Reactivation page: 42
- Allis-Chalmers Receives $6-Million M u d Pump Order From Wilson page: 43
- $1 -Billion Lube Oil Refinery To Be Constructed In Saudi Arabia page: 43