Kvaerner, Oy Navire To Merge Shipbuilding, Equipment Capabilities
Kvaerner, the Norwegian shipbuilding and engineering group and the Finnish ship equipment m a n u f a c t u r i n g c o m p a n y Oy Navire AB, Parainen, have recently announced the intent to merge.
When joined with Kvaerner Brug equipment company, Oslo, Norway, the new organization will have annual sales of about $65 million and employ about 750 people. The new company will rank second in the production of cargo access equipment, just below MacGregor.
Though the merger will not be fully effected until January 1, 1982, the two companies will begin cooperation immediately, it was announced by company executives.
The merger will give Kvaerner worldwide coverage with companies in West Germany, France, U.K., Holland, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, and the U.S., as well as Finland, Sweden, and Norway.
The new c o m p a n y will be known as Kvaerner Navire International AB, and its worldwide operations will be headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Its products also will be provided through licensees in Japan, Taiwan, India, S p a i n , I t a l y , Yugoslavia, and Greece.
Read Kvaerner, Oy Navire To Merge Shipbuilding, Equipment Capabilities in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of December 15, 1981 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from December 15, 1981 issue
- Veliotis Takes New Post With General Dynamics page: 4
- Sun Company, Levingston Sign Letter Of Intent For Pa. Shipyard Sale page: 6
- American Steamship Names D. Ward Fuller As Its Chief Operating Officer page: 6
- Maher Expands Container Facility, To Install First Paceco Transtainers In N.Y. page: 15
- Kvaerner, Oy Navire To Merge Shipbuilding, Equipment Capabilities page: 15
- Baldt Inc. Develops New Abrasion-Resistant Chain —Brochure Available page: 15
- Kaiser Engineers Awarded Service Contract For Trident Sub Facilities page: 16
- Gulf Oil Announces Exec Assignments For Corporation And Divisions page: 18
- Largest U.S.-Built Hopper Dredge Launched At Avondale Shipyards page: 22
- ASNE Flagship Section Hears Paper On Engineering Costs And Risks page: 22
- DredgeMasters To Acquire Aquamarine Corporation page: 24
- Advanced Marine To Design New Ferryboat page: 24
- Newfoundland's Ocean Cargo Services Seen Expanding With Coming Offshore Oil Boom page: 24
- Soviets Plan Nuclear Powered Merchant Ship, To Be Completed By 1984 page: 25
- Spanish Shipbuilders Assoc. Publishes New Brochure —Copies Available page: 26
- Name John Malagraph General Manager Of Advanced Marine In N.Y. page: 26
- Shell To Provide Bunkering Service At Port Of Mobile —Literature Available page: 27
- Appoint Hession President Of Koehring Clyde, Whirley Crane Producer page: 27
- Name Parks President Of Farrell Lines page: 27
- Todd-Seattle Sponsors Marine Diesel Seminar page: 28
- Norcontrol To Install $3-Million Vessel Traffic System —Literature Available page: 28
- SNAME page: 36
- Moss Rosenberg Verft Develops Energy-Saving LNG Carrier page: 41
- $2.1-Million Title XI Guarantee For Tanker IGS And COW Retrofit page: 41
- SNAME New York Hears Paper On Marine Gas Chemists page: 42
- Utility Vessel M/V Lamnalco Mallard Delivered To Kuwait Service By HUDSHIP page: 42
- SNAME-New England, ASNE Hear Rear Adm. Beecher On Battleship Reactivation page: 42
- Allis-Chalmers Receives $6-Million M u d Pump Order From Wilson page: 43
- $1 -Billion Lube Oil Refinery To Be Constructed In Saudi Arabia page: 43