Giannotti Firm Awarded Mexican Navy Contract For Engineering Services
The Office of Naval Construction and Repairs of the Mexican Navy recently awarded a contract to Giannotti & Associates International, Inc. of Houston for naval architecture, marine engineering, comto turn your ship around in a hurry.
be gone again on schedule. With Pennsylvania Shipbuilding, you'll get no false promises or lame excuses.
We have the facilities to handle several ships at once.
So you never have to wait.
Our guarantee holds for all sizes and types of ships.
We can dock a 400,000-ton tanker and a 5000-ton barge at the same time. We even use our 800-ton floating crane to lift tugs and small barges directly on to blocks set up on the river bank.
We're Pennsylvania Shipbuilding. Write: Ship Repair Sales Department, Pennsylvania Shipbuilding Company.
P.O. Box 442. Chester, PA 19016. Call: (215) 499-2160 Telex: 834226 (PENN SHIP CHER).
Pennsylvania ^Shipbuilding Circle 302 on Reader Service Card puter-aided design, and testing services.
Initial requirements under the basic ordering agreement are to provide on-site engineering and testing support to the new Aguila Class ship design and construction program. A six-month model testing program for this project has been subcontracted by Giannotti to Hydronautics, Inc. of Laurel, Md.
On-site project support to the Mexican Navy is being provided by the firm's Mexican affiliate, Giannotti y Asociados International, S.A.
de C.V., headquartered in Mexico City and managed by Marcos R.
Orunda, vice president.
Other stories from March 1985 issue
- New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet page: 4
- IMODCO Awarded Contract To Convert Egyptian Tanker page: 5
- MarAd Approves Sale Of Delta Steamship To United States Lines page: 5
- Moran And Watt Elected Vice Presidents At Moran Towing & Transportation page: 6
- Suehrstedt Appointed President Of Marine Consultants & Designers— Plude Named Vice President page: 6
- Third Aegis Cruiser 'Vincennes' Completes Initial Sea Trials page: 6
- Wittmeyer Succeeds Serrie As Operations Vice President At Penn Ship page: 6
- MSC Awards $41.7-Million Contract To Sea Mobility To Operate T-AGOS Ships page: 7
- Whitey Co. Offers Compact Ball Valves Rated To 2,200 PSI page: 7
- Two Vice Presidents And An Assistant Vice President Named AT J.J. Henry Co. page: 7
- Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations Christens Giant Lift Boat page: 7
- Brinlee Named General Manager-Venezuela For Loffland Brothers page: 8
- Southwest Marine Will Operate Ship Repair Facility In Samoa page: 8
- Horner, Cass And Tullai Appointed Managers For Seaworthy Systems page: 8
- Foss Shipyard Appointed Authorized Workshop For Stork-Werkspoor Diesels page: 8
- Unitor Named Distributor Of K.E.W. Cleaning Machines page: 8
- THE FY 86 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 8
- Currence Named President Of Tidewater Marine page: 10
- Valmet Shipyard Begins Construction Of Birka Line Passenger Vessel page: 11
- EXPOSHIP LONDON 85 International Exhibition MONEY & SHIPS IN THE CITY International Conference page: 12
- Operate 365 Days a Year with Greater Efficiency, Safety and Profits page: 15
- Raytheon Introduces New Remote Display For Speed Log And Depth Sounder page: 16
- Bethlehem Yard Gets $25-Million Contract To Refit Barber Line Ships page: 16
- Promar Appointed U.S. Southeast Representative For Anritsu Radar Line page: 17
- Cummins Introduces First Of Its B And C Series Marine Models page: 17
- Valmet And Foster Wheeler Petroleum To Cooperate On Offshore Projects page: 18
- Port Engineers' Society Meeting Hears Paper On Fuel Oil Separators page: 18
- Piatt To Market Its Own Zinc Ribbon Anodes page: 18
- Radio Holland Introduces Expanded Marine Communications Line page: 18
- BRITAIN A Marine Industry Review page: 20
- DIESEL POWER SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT page: 20
- Bombardier/ALCO A New Force In Diesel Manufacturing page: 37
- Rolls-Royce Renames Holding Company For Canadian Operations page: 38
- Johnson Appointed Director Of Marketing For Bulkfleet Marine page: 38
- Catton, Fleming And Rogaski Promoted At Drew Ameroid Marine page: 38
- Free Actuator/Ball Valve Reference Book Offered By Pittsburgh Brass page: 38
- Bostik Offers New Material On Marine Grade Sealants page: 39
- Texas Instruments Introduces New Satplan® Software For Global Positioning System page: 40
- Massport Building New $4-Million Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal page: 40
- Field Appointed Vice President-Manufacturing For Fairbanks Morse page: 40
- Marinette Marine Awarded $7-Million Navy Contract For Two Additional TWRs page: 40
- Pilot Operated, Hot Gas Solenoid Valve Introduced By Valcor Engineering page: 40
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 40
- New Tug Company Formed To Serve Great Lakes Port And Harbor Areas page: 41
- Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation page: 41
- Cat's New Diagnostic Tools Improve Servicing page: 42
- Blohm + Voss Awarded $3.4-Million Contract To Renovate Cruise Ship page: 42
- Sigmaform Introduces GK-A60 Multi-Cable Transit System page: 42
- Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division page: 42
- S/S R&D Offers Brochure On Fuel Oil Emulsifier page: 43
- Sperry Gets $16.8-Million Government Contract For Shipboard Data System page: 43
- Giannotti Firm Awarded Mexican Navy Contract For Engineering Services page: 43
- Hoglund Named Senior Vice President For Dillingham Maritime page: 43
- Sperry Marine Systems Plans To Acquire Navidyne page: 44
- Executive Appointments Announced At HUD page: 44
- Herman Of Mobil Shipping Named Chairman Of AIMS—Lengyel Remains President page: 44
- New Book On Radar Published By Cornell Maritime Press page: 44
- Brown Named General Manager Of Uniroyal's Engineered Systems Unit page: 44
- TACH-IV Wide Range Non-Contact Tachometer Offered By Monarch page: 44
- Baldt Introduces New Rapid Release System page: 44
- Marine Jet Drives Offer Unique Advantages page: 45
- EPSCO Gets Navy Order For Navigation Plotters page: 45
- Sohn Named President Of Hyundai Mipo Dockyard page: 46
- New Brochure Details Harris HF Marine Radio Products page: 47
- Moran Expands Container Barge Service To Ports Of Philadelphia And Baltimore page: 50
- Hackney And Spath Appointed Vice Presidents At Beier Radio page: 50
- Henschel Dedicates New Combined Facility At New Location in Newburyport page: 50
- "Handy Size" Bulk Carrier Delivered By Mitsui Shipyard page: 58