EXPOSHIP LONDON 85 International Exhibition MONEY & SHIPS IN THE CITY International Conference
City of London, March 18-22 The City of London will be the focus of attention for the world's shipping industry when the second Expoship London is held March 18- 22 this year at the Barbican Centre.
This international exhibition, first staged in 1983, is sponsored by The British Marine Equipment Council, The British Shipbuilders, British Shippers' Council, General Council of British Shipping, Institute of Marine Engineers, and Lloyd's Register of Shipping, and is organized by Seatrade Conferences & Exhibitions Ltd.
Held in conjunction with the wellestablished Seatrade Money & Ships conference, Expoship London is attracting an international attendance of shipowners, charterers, oil company executives, bankers, and shipbuilders.
More than 180 companies providing equipment and services to the shipping industry, ranging from electronics manufacturers to marine insurance brokers, from the U.K.
and 22 other countries, will be displaying their products and services.
More than 10,000 people are expected to visit the exhibition during the week, and some 500 of these will take part in the conference that will take place on the mornings of March 20-22.
At this writing, eight American companies had made firm bookings for space at the exhibition. They are: Bayley Suit, Inc. of Fortuna, Calif.; Magnavox Overseas, Ltd. of Torrance, Calif.; Maritime Data Network Ltd. of Stamford, Conn.; Panama Canal Commission of Miami, Fla.; Survival International of Seattle; Todd Marine Systems of Stamford, Conn.; Transax Data Corporation of Falls Church, Va.; and Veson Inc. of New York City.
Expoship London underscores the City of London's premier position as an international shipping center. It will be opened on the morning of March 18 by The Lord Mayor of London, The Right Honorable Sir Alan Traill.
The official Seatrade reception will be held in the Guildhall on the evening of March 18; many other receptions are being planned for the week.
CONFERENCE PROGRAM Wednesday, March 20 Theme: Is there a future for the European shipowner?
Chairman: Brian P. Shaw, chairman, Furness Withy Group, and vice president, General Council of British Shipping; Introductory speaker: David Mitchell, MP, Parliamentary Undersecretary of State for Transport Speakers: J. Groenendijk, chairman-elect, Royal Nedlloyd Group Wilhelm Wilhelmsen, partner, Wilh. Wilhelmsen Thursday, March 21 Theme: The complex relationship between Europe and the Far East in terms of both shipbuilding and shipping Chairman: Ove Hoegh, senior partner, Hoegh Group, and vice chairman, Intertanko Introductory speaker: Norman Lamont, MP, Minister of State for Industry, U.K. Department of Trade and Industry Speakers: Choi Hoon, director, Bureau of Maritime Transport, Korea Maritime & Port Administration J. Graham Day, chairman, British Shipbuilders M.H. Liang, chairman, Hong Kong Shipowners Association Luncheon speaker: Rt. Hon. Edward du Cann, MP, chairman, All Party Maritime Group Friday, March 22 Theme: Safety, efficiency, and the new technology Chairman: C.P. Srivastava, Secretary General, International Maritime Organization; Speakers: Leslie Beckwith, senior principal surveyor, International Conventions Department, Lloyd's Register of Shipping Richard Hunt, vice chairman, Baltic Exchange, and joint chairman, Biffex Formation Committee Sylvie Maier, head of the Secretariat— Memorandum of Understanding on Port State Control Marshall Meek, managing director, N.M.I. Ltd.
Read EXPOSHIP LONDON 85 International Exhibition MONEY & SHIPS IN THE CITY International Conference in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of March 1985 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from March 1985 issue
- New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet page: 4
- IMODCO Awarded Contract To Convert Egyptian Tanker page: 5
- MarAd Approves Sale Of Delta Steamship To United States Lines page: 5
- Moran And Watt Elected Vice Presidents At Moran Towing & Transportation page: 6
- Suehrstedt Appointed President Of Marine Consultants & Designers— Plude Named Vice President page: 6
- Third Aegis Cruiser 'Vincennes' Completes Initial Sea Trials page: 6
- Wittmeyer Succeeds Serrie As Operations Vice President At Penn Ship page: 6
- MSC Awards $41.7-Million Contract To Sea Mobility To Operate T-AGOS Ships page: 7
- Whitey Co. Offers Compact Ball Valves Rated To 2,200 PSI page: 7
- Two Vice Presidents And An Assistant Vice President Named AT J.J. Henry Co. page: 7
- Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations Christens Giant Lift Boat page: 7
- Brinlee Named General Manager-Venezuela For Loffland Brothers page: 8
- Southwest Marine Will Operate Ship Repair Facility In Samoa page: 8
- Horner, Cass And Tullai Appointed Managers For Seaworthy Systems page: 8
- Foss Shipyard Appointed Authorized Workshop For Stork-Werkspoor Diesels page: 8
- Unitor Named Distributor Of K.E.W. Cleaning Machines page: 8
- THE FY 86 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 8
- Currence Named President Of Tidewater Marine page: 10
- Valmet Shipyard Begins Construction Of Birka Line Passenger Vessel page: 11
- EXPOSHIP LONDON 85 International Exhibition MONEY & SHIPS IN THE CITY International Conference page: 12
- Operate 365 Days a Year with Greater Efficiency, Safety and Profits page: 15
- Raytheon Introduces New Remote Display For Speed Log And Depth Sounder page: 16
- Bethlehem Yard Gets $25-Million Contract To Refit Barber Line Ships page: 16
- Promar Appointed U.S. Southeast Representative For Anritsu Radar Line page: 17
- Cummins Introduces First Of Its B And C Series Marine Models page: 17
- Valmet And Foster Wheeler Petroleum To Cooperate On Offshore Projects page: 18
- Port Engineers' Society Meeting Hears Paper On Fuel Oil Separators page: 18
- Piatt To Market Its Own Zinc Ribbon Anodes page: 18
- Radio Holland Introduces Expanded Marine Communications Line page: 18
- BRITAIN A Marine Industry Review page: 20
- DIESEL POWER SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT page: 20
- Bombardier/ALCO A New Force In Diesel Manufacturing page: 37
- Rolls-Royce Renames Holding Company For Canadian Operations page: 38
- Johnson Appointed Director Of Marketing For Bulkfleet Marine page: 38
- Catton, Fleming And Rogaski Promoted At Drew Ameroid Marine page: 38
- Free Actuator/Ball Valve Reference Book Offered By Pittsburgh Brass page: 38
- Bostik Offers New Material On Marine Grade Sealants page: 39
- Texas Instruments Introduces New Satplan® Software For Global Positioning System page: 40
- Massport Building New $4-Million Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal page: 40
- Field Appointed Vice President-Manufacturing For Fairbanks Morse page: 40
- Marinette Marine Awarded $7-Million Navy Contract For Two Additional TWRs page: 40
- Pilot Operated, Hot Gas Solenoid Valve Introduced By Valcor Engineering page: 40
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 40
- New Tug Company Formed To Serve Great Lakes Port And Harbor Areas page: 41
- Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation page: 41
- Cat's New Diagnostic Tools Improve Servicing page: 42
- Blohm + Voss Awarded $3.4-Million Contract To Renovate Cruise Ship page: 42
- Sigmaform Introduces GK-A60 Multi-Cable Transit System page: 42
- Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division page: 42
- S/S R&D Offers Brochure On Fuel Oil Emulsifier page: 43
- Sperry Gets $16.8-Million Government Contract For Shipboard Data System page: 43
- Giannotti Firm Awarded Mexican Navy Contract For Engineering Services page: 43
- Hoglund Named Senior Vice President For Dillingham Maritime page: 43
- Sperry Marine Systems Plans To Acquire Navidyne page: 44
- Executive Appointments Announced At HUD page: 44
- Herman Of Mobil Shipping Named Chairman Of AIMS—Lengyel Remains President page: 44
- New Book On Radar Published By Cornell Maritime Press page: 44
- Brown Named General Manager Of Uniroyal's Engineered Systems Unit page: 44
- TACH-IV Wide Range Non-Contact Tachometer Offered By Monarch page: 44
- Baldt Introduces New Rapid Release System page: 44
- Marine Jet Drives Offer Unique Advantages page: 45
- EPSCO Gets Navy Order For Navigation Plotters page: 45
- Sohn Named President Of Hyundai Mipo Dockyard page: 46
- New Brochure Details Harris HF Marine Radio Products page: 47
- Moran Expands Container Barge Service To Ports Of Philadelphia And Baltimore page: 50
- Hackney And Spath Appointed Vice Presidents At Beier Radio page: 50
- Henschel Dedicates New Combined Facility At New Location in Newburyport page: 50
- "Handy Size" Bulk Carrier Delivered By Mitsui Shipyard page: 58