Society Of Marine Port Engineers Holds 36th Annual Forum—Five Technical Papers Featured
The Society of Marine Port Engi- neers. New York, N.Y., recently held its 36th annual Fort Schuyler Forum at the SUNY Maritime Col- lege campus in the Throgs Neck sec- tion of the Bronx in New York City.
The theme of the forum was "Corrosion Materials and Material Protection," and five technical papers were presented as follows: "Principles of Corrosion," by Garrick E. Louis, adjunct assistant professor of chemistry, SUNY Maritime College; "Corrosion Resistant Metals for Marine Applications," by R. W. Ross, Nickel Development Institute; "The Five Year Drydock and Electrochemical Control," by Paul Byrne, Electrocatalytic, Inc.; "Soft Coating Ballast Tank Corrosion Protection," by William F.
O'Brien Jr., P.E., and Albert R.
Noland, Drew Ameroid Marine Division of Ashland Chemical Co.; and "Fiberglass Piping Systems for Marine Applications," by Hector G.
Ballester, Ameron Fiberglass Pipe Group.
Other stories from May 1988 issue
- Blount Marine To Build Another New York-Class Harbor Cruise Vessel page: 4
- Krupp Mak Manufactures Medium-Speed Diesel Engines For Naval Ship Applications page: 6
- Burmeister & Wain Christens Eighth Product Tanker In Series page: 7
- RORO88 9th International Conference & Exhibition on Roll-On/Roll-Off Marine Transport page: 8
- ITW Philadelphia Resins Offers Color Brochure On Grouting Systems page: 11
- Mizell Named Vice President-Sales At Trinity Marine Group page: 12
- Society Of Marine Port Engineers Holds 36th Annual Forum—Five Technical Papers Featured page: 13
- Posidonia The International Shipping Exhibition page: 14
- Sperry Marine GPS Core Module And 501TR/GPS Navigator Offer Reliable, Accurate Performance page: 19
- Bethlehem Steel Consolidation At Sparrows Point Strengthens Competitive Position page: 20
- Norwegian-Built Training Simulator Installed At French Maritime College page: 21
- Shipbuilders Council Elects Board Members page: 22
- Schottel Offers Free Color Brochure On Its 'Rudderpropeller,' And Units For Shallow-Draft Propulsion page: 22
- JJH Inc. Expands CADAM To Portsmouth Location page: 22
- Future Business Opportunities In Navy Ship Procurement, Ship Maintenance And Navy Technology Development page: 25
- MAJOR NAVY CONTRACTS page: 29
- $116-Million Contract To Tacoma Boat To Retrofit Four Egyptian Subs page: 37
- SNAME SPRING MEETING/ STAR SYMPOSIUM 'MARINE & OFFSHORE SYSTEMS' page: 38
- Megator Completes Navy Pump Contracts Totaling $1.3 Million page: 40
- McDermott Names Howson To Succeed Cunningham As Chief Operating Officer page: 43
- Wartsila Constructing Two Passenger Vessels For Oy Silja Line Ab page: 43
- New York Exhibition Showcases First Production Color ARPA From Racal Marine page: 44
- Parker Towing Announces Administrative Changes page: 47
- New Computerized System Controls Fuel Viscosity page: 47
- N e w Gladding-Hearn-Built High-Speed Catamaran To Begin Boston/Martha's Vineyard Run page: 48
- Bird-Johnson Named Exclusive U.S. Service Representative For Blohm + Voss Simplex Line page: 55
- SSPA Maritime Consulting Offers Brochure On Roll Reduction By Rudder Control page: 55
- Alfa-Laval Offers New 8-Page Brochure On Full Customer Services page: 56
- Ulstein Offers Free Color Brochure On High Lift Rudder page: 57
- Caterpillar Publishes 40-Page Color Booklet On Diesel Fuels/Engines page: 57
- Kobelt's 2-Station Control System Is Simple In Design, Durable In Construction page: 58
- Port Of Portland Dedicates $46-Million Terminal 2 Rehabilitation Project page: 58
- Soundcoat Introduces Custom-Cut Closed Cell Foam Materials For Gasketing page: 62