Royal Schelde Exhibits Versatility In Shipbuilding
Royal Schelde of Vissingen, the Netherlands, will be exhibiting their versatility in shipbuilding this year at the Cruise & Ferry'91 exhibition in London, England, May 29-31, as well as at Nor-Shipping '91 in Trondheim, Norway, June 11-14, by showing models of two ships out of their Seaswift range of Surface Effect Ships, as well as a model of a sea/ river cruise ship, and a model of a light corvette.
Royal Schelde's main areas of shipbuilding are high-speed Surface Effect Ships, special design vessels such as the sea/river cruise ship, research vessels and rescue vessels, and a wide range of naval vessels.
At present, the range of Seaswift Surface Effect Ships consists of the Seaswift 23, Seaswift 34 and Seaswift 60.
Seaswift 23, the smallest vessel in the range of Royal Schelde Surface Effect Ships, is capable of carrying around 150 passengers in aircraft- type seats at a service speed of 30+ knots, it is the ideal vessel for commuter traffic in harbor areas of large coastal cities.
The intermediate size Seaswift 34 is capable of carrying around 350 passengers at a service speed of 40 knots. The flexibility in interior layout offers many possibilities for coastal transportation of passengers or cargo in sea conditions with up to 2-meter waves.
This vessel, as an alternative design, is also available as a Coast Guard vessel and in this configuration it can be applied for a variety of policing, patrol, and interception roles, thereby providing the speed, maneuverability and endurance necessary to perform the task requirements.
At present, Seaswift 60 is the largest of the Royal Schelde Surface Effect Ship designs, offering the capability of transporting 434 passengers and 62 cars in its basic configuration. Capable of operating in sea conditions with up to 3-meter wave height, the Seaswift 60 is offered with either diesel or gas turbine propulsion and will travel at speeds of 40+ knots.
For the purpose of river and coastal cruising, Royal Schelde has designed a medium-sized intimate vessel, capable of carrying about 250 cruise-passengers, with spacious public rooms and decks..
Other activities of Royal Schelde will also be prominently displayed at the exhibitions in London and Oslo, as the company is active in a broad field with related products.
For free literature giving full details on the activities of Royal Schelde, Circle 48 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 1991 issue
- Tidewater Negotiating Acquisition Of Zapata In $500 Million Deal page:
- Bender Acquires Large Dry Dock Formerly Operated At Todd Ship page: 6
- Chantiers To Construct Remaining 2 Of 6 Frigates In $95.5 Million Orde page: 8
- OBO Quartet From B&W Will Feature Innovative Kvaerner Hatch Covers page: 9
- Wartsila-Powered Semisubmersible 'Drillmar Y Completed By ASTANO page: 10
- Latest lnmarsat-2 Satellite Launch Provides More Capacity For COMSAT Customers page: 11
- Twin Disc Adds New Marine Transmission To MGN Series page: 12
- PDVSA Plans To Double Fleet By 1996 page: 12
- New Forward Scatter Turbidimeter Announced By McNab, Inc. page: 14
- BAYOU LA BATRE A Shipyard Success Story page: 16
- Report Predicts Growth In U.S. Coastal Ferry Market page: 24
- Litton Demonstrates First Fiberoptic Towed Array Sonar System page: 24
- Sewage Treatment Plant From Omnipure Available Now In Take-Apart Unit page: 24
- NOR-SHIPPING "91 page: 26
- NORWEGIAN MARINE EQUIPMENT & SHIPPING page: 30
- Navy Budgets $25.7 Billion For Ship Maintenance, Modernization Over Next Three Fiscal Years page: 43
- Robertson-Shipmate Introduces GPS Navigation System page: 49
- Unique U.S. Navy Minehunter, First Of New MHC Class, Launched At Intermarine USA page: 50
- B&W Combination Carrier Design Complies With New US Tanker Legislation page: 50
- New Viking Videos Teach Lifesaving Techniques To Vessel Crews page: 50
- Cruise Lines Report Increased Bookings page: 50
- CAORF Selected For Rotterdam Study page: 51
- CRUISE + FERRY 1991 CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION London, May 29-31 page: 52
- Kvaerner To Help HHI Construct LNG Carriers page: 56
- Ferry Simulation Offered For Training By CAORF At USMMA In Kings Point page: 57
- Largest Casino/Passenger Boat Delivered By Patti Shipyards To Roberts River Rides page: 58
- Paxman Secures U.S. Navy Contract To Supply 32 Diesel Engines For New Patrol Boat Program page: 58
- IFC To Build Stern Section Of Superferry After Leasing VPSI Facilities page: 58
- Pentagon Seeks To Expand, Modernize Sealift Fleet page: 59
- The Effect Of Ship Design On Ports page: 60
- Port Briefs NATIONAL SCENE page: 61
- Port Briefs INTERNATIONAL SCENE page: 63
- New MTU Series 595 Engine, First Of Type To Enter Service, Installed On Ferry 'Deutschland' page: 64
- Damen Delivers New Type Police Surveillance Launch page: 65
- Bird-Johnson Awarded ANAZC C-P Propeller, Shafting Supply Contract page: 65
- Full Line Of GMDSS Products From Raytheon Marine —Literature Available— page: 66
- Deutz MWM Introduces New Big-Engine Series page: 67
- Del Gavio Marine Announces Relocation —Literature Available page: 68
- Burmeister & Wain Delivers First Vessel In Series Of Six To Polish Steamship Company page: 68
- DTRC Soliciting White Papers For Sealift Cargo Handling Systems page: 69
- High-Speed Catamaran Ferry Planned Between Vancouver And Victoria page: 69
- Royal Schelde Exhibits Versatility In Shipbuilding page: 70
- Offerors For Operation Of Deep-Ocean Research Ships Sought By Navy page: 70
- Elliott Manufacturing Catalog Features Remote Valve Operators For Ships page: 71
- Safer Navigation With Disc Navigation System From Robertson Tritech page: 72
- $823.4 Million Program For East German Yards Being Prepared By Bonn page: 73
- Two Louisiana Yards Awarded Environmental Vessel Contracts page: 73
- Kvaerner Eureka Offers 20-Page, Full-Color 'Marine Equipment Review' page: 74
- Centrico Offers Advanced Fuel/Lube Oil Purifier page: 74
- Homeport Marine Completes Fish Tender 'Northern Wind page: 76
- Koden's New Compact 7-Inch Radar Provides Full 3 KW Of Power page: 77
- Drewry Study Says Cheaper Oil Prices Will Boost Tanker Trade page: 77
- Intermarine USA To Build Third Fiberglass Minehunter For U.S. Navy page: 88
- Systems Engineering Announces Promotions page: 88
- Kvaerner Eureka Cargo Pumps Specified For Two North Sea Tankers page: 88
- C-MAP/USA Named National Distributor For Sea Plot Software page: 88