EvoLogics Showcase Latest Developments
EvoLogics extended its ranges of underwater acoustic modems (S2CR series) and combined positioning and communication devices (S2CR USBL series), with new products - the S2CR 42/65 and S2CR 42/65 USBL, high-speed devices with hemispherical beam patterns for transmissions in vertical, slant and horizontal channels. Both devices rely on the EvoLogics patented S2C (Sweep-Spread Carrier) broadband communication technology.
• The SiNAPS (S2C intelligent Navigation and Positioning Software) was designed to control the EvoLogics USBL (ultrashort baseline) underwater positioning systems and provides display features for tracking of multiple targets, supports interfacing with external instruments and offers advanced data management tools. After releasing the SiNAPS software in 2012, EvoLogics updated it to a newer version in March 2013.
• The S2C acoustic modem emulator is EvoLogics’ new tool for underwater network protocol developers and end-users of EvoLogics devices. A network of virtual underwater acoustic modems, configured and run on EvoLogics server, can be accessed remotely and provides framework for development and end-user training.
• The underwater acoustic modem emulator extends the EvoLogics developer solutions range that already includes the WiSE (White Line Science Edition) line of underwater acoustic modems with an embedded network protocol development platform, providing a flexible framework for designing new network protocols on real hardware.
Other stories from May 2013 issue
- What Goes Down ... page: 14
- MHI to Build for PGS page: 18
- Exploring the Abyss page: 20
- Unmanned Surface Vessels page: 24
- Unmanned Surface Vessels: Wave Glider SV3 page: 32
- Unmanned Surface Vessels: C-Stat Mobile Buoy USV System page: 34
- Ocean Business Sold page: 36
- Partrac, Rockland Scientific Announce Partnership page: 36
- Ashtead Increases Sonardyne 6G Rental Pool page: 36
- Seatronics Invests in Teledyne TSS Products page: 37
- Geomatrix Buys Applied Acoustics’ Energy Source page: 37
- New Gyro Changeover System page: 38
- Sonardyne Aids NOC page: 38
- EvoLogics Showcase Latest Developments page: 39
- Forum Subsea Rentals Adds iXBlue Systems page: 40
- DP-PHINS Adds to Acoustics page: 40
- Kongsberg to Offer AUV Rentals page: 41
- Fugro Upgrades DeepWorks page: 41
- Teledyne Moves Portfolio to Odom page: 42
- Ashtead Technology Launches Electric Dredge page: 42
- Navigation, Tide and Weather Information via Twitter page: 43