Valeport’s SWIFT SVP
Valeport is using Ocean Business as the launch platform for a new sound velocity profiler, which will be on show for the first time at the show. Valeport’s latest addition to its portfolio of sound velocity sensors and profilers is the SWIFT SVP. This new compact unit will feature high accuracy SV, pressure and temperature, plus integral GPS to geo-located every profile. Data can be easily and quickly downloaded, reviewed and translated to common SVP formats wirelessly via Bluetooth Smart using the free SWIFT APP on iOS devices. The data can also be instantly shared via FTP, email and cloud services. With a battery endurance of up to a week and easy charging via USB, the SWIFT SVP is intended for coastal, harbor and inland hydrographic survey use and is designed to offer the highest quality sound velocity profiles in a compact, robust and portable package.
Valeport also showcased:
• Ultra Sensors – the new ultraSV and ultraP are the next generation of sound velocity and pressure sensors from Valeport.
• Hyperion Fluorometers – The new range of optical sensors with the launch of a Fluorometer for measurement of Chlorophyll and Fluoresceine.
• miniCTD Fast Profiler – An evolution of Valeport’s miniCTD, the Fast Profiler has been designed to deliver the highest quality CTD casts at rapid drop rates.
(As published in the MAY 2015 edition of Marine Technology Reporter - http://www.marinetechnologynews.com/Magazine)
Other stories from May 2015 issue
- Grasshopper Rides Falcon for 3D View of Dam page: 8
- Meet the AutoNaut page: 14
- WindSentinel Floating LiDAR Helps Cut Costs page: 22
- AUVs: Getting Defensive page: 28
- Dive into Norway's Subsea Valley page: 38
- d’ROP Bibby’ Hydromap’s Custom-built ROV page: 44
- MacArtney Launches NEXUS MK VII MultiPlexer page: 50
- EvoLogics Launches High-speed Mini-modem page: 50
- New Tracking Tech: Diver6 System page: 51
- Applanix’ Expanded Marine Product Portfolio page: 51
- Kongsberg’s New Marine Motion Sensor page: 51
- Falmouth Scientific’s New Chirp Transceiver page: 52
- Teledyne TSS Launches Powertrack Subsea Cable Tracker page: 52
- Valeport’s SWIFT SVP page: 53
- Dolphin Sea View 2D Sonar page: 53
- Fifth-Generation OCTANS Launched page: 53
- New Sonardyne ‘Syrinx’ Doppler Velocity Log page: 55
- New Software from EIVA page: 55
- Linden Photonics Debuts Hybrid Cables page: 56
- STR Unveils Rechargeable Battery Pack & Charger System page: 56
- New Switchable Magnet Launched as Tool for ROVs page: 57
- New Multibeam Z-Boat page: 59
- Seaperch Underwater Robotic Championships page: 60