R.T. Greene Forms New Marine Company
Raymond T. Greene has announced the formation of a new company to be known as Anchorage Marine Brokerage and Documentation, Incorporated, which will specialize in sale, purchase, and chartering of commercial vessels, and in the documentation and registry of vessels in foreign jurisdictions, and especially the islands and countries of the Greater Caribbean area.
Mr. Greene has most recently served as president of Anchorage Ship Sales and Documentation, Incorporated which, because of the personal choice of some of its principals, is now being liquidated. Prior to that, he has served variously as organizer and executive officer of a stevedoring company, a terminal operation, and a shipyard in the area, all of which are still most active and successful. All of this followed a most successful career in New York City as one of the outstanding international admiralty lawyers in the United States.
In this new venture, Mr. Greene will be joined by his son, Kevin, who holds a Florida State Yacht and Ship Brokers license. During the past 10 years, Kevin has had a most thorough training in the marine field, having served an apprenticeship in a local shipyard, as a warehouse supervisor, as a stevedoring coordinator, and most recently as a marine surveyor under the tutelage of the late Alfred M. Nelson.
Assuming the duties of secretary and office manager will be Sarah Rushing, who also boasts of a varied marine training in both shipyard administration and surveying office work.
Within the month, several other wellknown local marine figures will be joining the Anchorage staff.
Anchorage Marine Brokerage and Documentation, Inc., will occupy offices at 844 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Fla. 33132.
Other stories from April 1976 issue
- Floats Ships Off Building Platform Into Drydock page: 6
- MarAd Approves Title XI To Finance $23.2-Million Barge/Towboat Program page: 8
- Bethlehem Appoints R. Newcomb Treasurer Shipbuilding Operations page: 8
- Schedule And Papers— SNAME Spring Meeting In Philadelphia, Pa. page: 10
- Russians Buy Oil Barriers From U.S. page: 12
- Todd To Build Six Guided Missile Frigates For Navy At Base Price Of $295 Million page: 13
- Marketing Expert Joins Oil Mop As Executive VP page: 14
- GAO Wants To Know Why Navy Is Not Using Commercial Tugboats page: 20
- Vancouver Shipyards Moves 457-Foot Ferry To Launching Position On Film Of Water page: 23
- Northern New England Section Of ASNE Elects Officers For 1976 page: 24
- Three-Year Navy Salvage Contract Awarded To Crowley page: 25
- Samson Ocean Systems Names R.H. Blanchette Regional Manager page: 25
- Evergreen Marine Corp. Announces New Ships And Plans New Services page: 27
- American Club Elects Officers And Admits Central Gulf Lines page: 27
- Navy Awards Bath Iron $224-Million Contract For Five Missile Frigates page: 28
- N.Y. SNAME To Hold Tanker Symposium At Kings Pt. April 23 page: 32
- Connecticut Company To Represent Swedish C-P Propeller Firm page: 33
- AWO Elects Geary Chairman Of Board —Directors Named page: 34
- Dual Keel-Layings Mark Submarine Tender Construction At Lockheed Shipbuilding And Construction Company page: 36
- Canadian Yards Building For Export page: 37
- 2nd International Symposium On Ship Operation Automation Set For Washington In August page: 37
- Tubbs And FitzGerald Named Vice Presidents At Donhaiser Marine page: 39
- Halter Marine Delivers Crewboat For Service In Arabian Gulf page: 41
- First Swedish-Owned Oil Rig Commissioned At Bethlehem-Beaumont page: 42
- Far East Levingston Names Lovie & Co. U.S. Representative page: 43
- Shipbuilders Council Elects Officers page: 43
- Halter Marine Names A.J. Rizzo Director Of Public Relations page: 44
- McDevitt Named President Of Three Maritime Firms page: 44
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Hears Of Conversion Of Existing Schooner Hull To Brig Pilgrim page: 45
- SNAME San Diego Section Hears Discussion Of Engineers' Tasks page: 46
- DeLaval IMO Pump Division Publishes Illustrated Bulletin On Pumps For Gas Turbines page: 48
- SNAME Philadelphia Section Discusses The Why And How Of Offshore Oil/Gas Drilling page: 48
- ARCO Installs Unit To Evaluate MARISAT page: 49
- Kawasaki-Built Ore Carrier Develops 18 Knots On Trials page: 50
- R.T. Greene Forms New Marine Company page: 50
- Conoco And Gulf Oil Enter Agreement With British On North Sea Oil Production page: 51