Scindia Lines Plans $122-Million Ship Building Program
United States Navigation, Inc., 17 Battery Place, New York, N.Y.
10004, general agent for Scindia Steam Navigation Co., Ltd., has announced a major three-year, $122,000,000 expansion program now being undertaken by their Indian principals.
The program, involving the construction of new vessels, would expand Scindia's 825,000- dwt capacity to over 1,000,000 dwt. Scindia presently operates a fleet of 47 ships including the recently acquired Jalabala, an 18,000-ton liner which was transferred to Indian registry after a time charter.
Mrs. Sumati Morarjee, Scindia Lines executive director, presided over the launching ceremonies for their newest ship, the M/S Jalavihar, at the Scott-Lithgow Shipyard in Scotland, a few months ago. Scindia has two other conventional cargoliners under construction in Europe.
Additionally, Scindia has ordered four 22,000-dwt mini-bulk carriers from the Visakhapatnam Shipyard in India, and a 20,000- dwt liner from Japan.
Other stories from January 15, 1977 issue
- Sulzer Receives Order For Combined LPG/LNG Reliquefaction System page: 4
- American Heavy Lift Requests CDS To Build Two $14-Million Vessels page: 6
- DOT Approves Two Offshore Superports For Large Tankers page: 7
- Scindia Lines Plans $122-Million Ship Building Program page: 7
- Giant Aluminum LNG Sphere 12 Stories High Arrives At General Dynamics Quincy Yard page: 8
- NASSCO Delivers 90,000-DWT Chestnut Hill- Lays Keel For Fourth San Clemente-Class Tanker page: 9
- Exxon Awards IMODCO Contract To Construct Offshore Facility page: 10
- Uniflite, Inc. Delivers Four High-Speed Patrol Boats page: 12
- Prudential Lines Signs Contract For MARISAT Terminals For Entire LASH Fleet page: 12
- N.Y. SNAME Section Hosts Port Engineers And Institute Of Marine Engineers At Technical Meeting page: 14
- Halter Marine Services Delivers First Boat To New Company page: 22
- Tanker Built In Spain First To Use New Litton Navigation System page: 23
- Sun Releases Analysis Of World Tanker Fleet page: 24
- Adm. Ralph Cousins Elected President Of Newport News Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Co. page: 25
- Dravo Launches 40th Viking-Class Towboat page: 30
- Diamond Delivers Revolving Crane Trucks To N.C. State Ports page: 31
- Don Macauley Joins Atlantic Cordage Corp. As Marketing Manager page: 32
- Apelco Announces New Marine Radiotelephone page: 32
- Coast Guard Orders ENVIROVAC Systems page: 33
- MMC Introduces New Continuous Reading Tank Gauging System page: 34
- CF Industries Names David Titus Manager Seagoing Operations page: 34
- Saudi Arabia Bars Old Ships From Ports To Reduce Congestion page: 36
- Seatrain Appoints Magee To New Executive Post page: 38
- ADDSCO Promotes Bitowf And Roy page: 38
- Bath Iron Launches Fourth Ro/Ro Ship For States Steamship page: 39
- New Waste Oil Dehydrator Operating On Houston Channel page: 40
- H.P. Drewry Reports On Tanker Owners' Future page: 41
- Northwest Marine Christens Barge Alaska page: 42
- Halter Delivers Versatile 195-Foot Offshore Supply Vessel page: 43
- Alabama Docks Buys Land For Expansion page: 43