ADDSCO Promotes Bitowf And Roy
J.R. Maumenee, president, Alabama Dry Dock and Shipbuilding Company, Mobile, Ala. 36601, has announced the promotions of two executive employees to officer status. The action was taken at a recent meeting of the board of directors.
Vincent P. Bitowf was elevated to vice president-production and will remain in charge of production for both repair and new construction. Prior to joining ADDSCO in 1959, Mr. Bitowf worked for Maryland Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, Todd Shipyards and Gibbs Corporation.
He is a member of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers and the U.S.
William J. Roy was named assistant vice president-operations.
He served as a junior engineer at ADDSCO in 1963 and 1964.
He returned in 1970 as an estimator.
He attended Auburn University, the University of Alabama Law School and received his law degree from the Jackson (Mississippi) School of Law.
Other stories from January 15, 1977 issue
- Sulzer Receives Order For Combined LPG/LNG Reliquefaction System page: 4
- American Heavy Lift Requests CDS To Build Two $14-Million Vessels page: 6
- DOT Approves Two Offshore Superports For Large Tankers page: 7
- Scindia Lines Plans $122-Million Ship Building Program page: 7
- Giant Aluminum LNG Sphere 12 Stories High Arrives At General Dynamics Quincy Yard page: 8
- NASSCO Delivers 90,000-DWT Chestnut Hill- Lays Keel For Fourth San Clemente-Class Tanker page: 9
- Exxon Awards IMODCO Contract To Construct Offshore Facility page: 10
- Uniflite, Inc. Delivers Four High-Speed Patrol Boats page: 12
- Prudential Lines Signs Contract For MARISAT Terminals For Entire LASH Fleet page: 12
- N.Y. SNAME Section Hosts Port Engineers And Institute Of Marine Engineers At Technical Meeting page: 14
- Halter Marine Services Delivers First Boat To New Company page: 22
- Tanker Built In Spain First To Use New Litton Navigation System page: 23
- Sun Releases Analysis Of World Tanker Fleet page: 24
- Adm. Ralph Cousins Elected President Of Newport News Shipbuilding & Dry Dock Co. page: 25
- Dravo Launches 40th Viking-Class Towboat page: 30
- Diamond Delivers Revolving Crane Trucks To N.C. State Ports page: 31
- Don Macauley Joins Atlantic Cordage Corp. As Marketing Manager page: 32
- Apelco Announces New Marine Radiotelephone page: 32
- Coast Guard Orders ENVIROVAC Systems page: 33
- MMC Introduces New Continuous Reading Tank Gauging System page: 34
- CF Industries Names David Titus Manager Seagoing Operations page: 34
- Saudi Arabia Bars Old Ships From Ports To Reduce Congestion page: 36
- Seatrain Appoints Magee To New Executive Post page: 38
- ADDSCO Promotes Bitowf And Roy page: 38
- Bath Iron Launches Fourth Ro/Ro Ship For States Steamship page: 39
- New Waste Oil Dehydrator Operating On Houston Channel page: 40
- H.P. Drewry Reports On Tanker Owners' Future page: 41
- Northwest Marine Christens Barge Alaska page: 42
- Halter Delivers Versatile 195-Foot Offshore Supply Vessel page: 43
- Alabama Docks Buys Land For Expansion page: 43