Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Total Fire Protection
Total fire protection is the subject of an eight-page full-color brochure from Walter Kidde, Division of Kidde, Inc., of Wake Forest, N.C.
The company designs and manufacturers a complete line of fire protection equipment: portable extinguishers; pre-engineered systems; and large-scale, custom-engineered systems for major applications such as refineries, pipelines, tankers, satellite tracking stations, and energy storage facilities. Kidde also supplies the full spectrum of modern fire-fighting agents in the systems, including Halon 1301, carbon dioxide, high and low expansion foam, and the leading dry chemicals.
The attractive three-holepunched brochure states that in today's changing environment, it is becoming more important for companies to install in-depth safety and security systems that provide such functions as surveillance, detection, alarm, and suppression or inertion.
Walter Kidde can provide all phases of safety, security and protection system development from planning and surveying, through design and manufacturing, to commissioning, and after-sales service. Kidde's large-scale, engineered systems protect ships, planes, manufacturing processes and facilities, LNG plants, pipelines, computer centers, radio and TV stations, libraries, and satellite tracking stations around the world, and the company's sales and service facilities at present encircle the globe.
The publication points out that Walter Kidde has an experienced team of project management engineers who oversee each phase of a contract and their responsibilities include customer liaison, planning and engineering coordination, site installation construction, and system commissioning. An important segment of Kidde's commissioning operation is the training of customers' on-site safety teams in proper operation, inspection, and servicing of fire protection system equipment.
The brochure is well illustrated with color photos of various installations protected by Walter Kidde systems, such as the liquefaction facilities located at Arzew, Algeria, the Zeebrugge, Belgium LNG plant, the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, a series of 75 turbine compressor pump stations inside Soviet Russia, various LNG projects from Japan and the USA, etc., as well as fire protection systems on huge LNG tankers.
For a free copy of the brochure and further literature containing full information, Circle 16 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from November 15, 1984 issue
- USS Iowa (BB-61) page: 4
- Western Gear Relocates Corporate Headquarters To South Milwaukee page: 5
- McLean Urges American Shipping Community To Remain Competitive page: 6
- C. Plath And Racal Marine Controls Sign Cooperation Agreement page: 7
- Sandusky Offers Brochure On Centrifugal Castings page: 7
- Braden Winch Marketing New Planetary Hoist page: 8
- Killian Named VP Of H.O. Penn Power Div. page: 8
- Watterworth Appointed Vice President-Operations For General Steamship page: 8
- B&W And Flight Safety Form New Joint Venture Training Company page: 10
- Hoch Promoted At Comsat TeleSystems page: 10
- WABCO Forms Worldwide Parts And Service Network page: 10
- Rothermel Named Sales Vice President For Comsat TeleSystems page: 11
- Bay Shipbuilding Awarded $l 80-Million Contract To Build Three Containerships For Sea-Land page: 11
- U.S. NAVY SHIP OVERHAUL MARKET First Update — Changes As Of October 1984 page: 12
- Sperry Introduces New 340-mm Radar, New Autopilot, And 'Marinized' PC page: 30
- Twin Matson Container Barges Christened At McDermott Shipyard page: 32
- Renk Offers Reference List Of Marine Gear Units Used In Naval Vessels page: 32
- Renk Offers Literature On RCF Generator Gears page: 33
- Alexander Industries Named Agent For Clow/Greenberg page: 33
- Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Total Fire Protection page: 33
- Mctgnavox Introduces Civil Global Positioning System page: 36
- IMODCO Awarded Contract By Esso Suez For Mooring Terminal Offshore Egypt page: 36
- Eastern Marine Signs Contract For Passenger/Auto Ferry page: 37
- New Krupp Atlas ARPA Gets British DoT Type Approval page: 43
- Dyvi Heavy Lift Vessel Busy Transporting Semisubmersibles page: 47
- RFD Survival Liferaft Line Gains Davit-Launch Approval page: 47