Sandusky Offers Brochure On Centrifugal Castings
Sandusky Foundry & Machine Co. of Sandusky, Ohio, is offering a free 20-page general brochure on the company and the centrifugal castings that it produces exclusively.
The full-color booklet explains what centrifugal castings are and how they are made, and lists some current applications. These include rolls of many types for papermaking and textile machines; components for cranes, conveyors, diesel engines, and industrial fans; pressure piping including primary coolant pipe for nuclear power plants and headers for fossil-fired power plants; centrifuge bowls; pressure vessels; propulsion shaft sleeves for the marine industry; and preforms for further hot or cold working into thin walled pipe and fittings.
Available sizes of centrifugal castings are discussed—the company offers virtually any O.D. required between 10 and 60 inches—as are Sandusky's capabilities, and quality assurance program that comprises all the planned and systematic actions necessary to provide assurance that its product and its associated documentation meet all of the customer's requirements.
Included are tables of specifications and chemical compositions of high alloy steels, plain carbon and low alloy steels, as well as non-ferrous compositions.
The publication is generously illustrated with photos of Sandusky personnel engaged in the production of centrifugal castings, and photos showing the many different uses such as paper machines, nuclear and conventional-powered naval vessels, etc.
For a free copy of the brochure and further information, Circle 20 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from November 15, 1984 issue
- USS Iowa (BB-61) page: 4
- Western Gear Relocates Corporate Headquarters To South Milwaukee page: 5
- McLean Urges American Shipping Community To Remain Competitive page: 6
- C. Plath And Racal Marine Controls Sign Cooperation Agreement page: 7
- Sandusky Offers Brochure On Centrifugal Castings page: 7
- Braden Winch Marketing New Planetary Hoist page: 8
- Killian Named VP Of H.O. Penn Power Div. page: 8
- Watterworth Appointed Vice President-Operations For General Steamship page: 8
- B&W And Flight Safety Form New Joint Venture Training Company page: 10
- Hoch Promoted At Comsat TeleSystems page: 10
- WABCO Forms Worldwide Parts And Service Network page: 10
- Rothermel Named Sales Vice President For Comsat TeleSystems page: 11
- Bay Shipbuilding Awarded $l 80-Million Contract To Build Three Containerships For Sea-Land page: 11
- U.S. NAVY SHIP OVERHAUL MARKET First Update — Changes As Of October 1984 page: 12
- Sperry Introduces New 340-mm Radar, New Autopilot, And 'Marinized' PC page: 30
- Twin Matson Container Barges Christened At McDermott Shipyard page: 32
- Renk Offers Reference List Of Marine Gear Units Used In Naval Vessels page: 32
- Renk Offers Literature On RCF Generator Gears page: 33
- Alexander Industries Named Agent For Clow/Greenberg page: 33
- Kidde Offers Free Brochure On Total Fire Protection page: 33
- Mctgnavox Introduces Civil Global Positioning System page: 36
- IMODCO Awarded Contract By Esso Suez For Mooring Terminal Offshore Egypt page: 36
- Eastern Marine Signs Contract For Passenger/Auto Ferry page: 37
- New Krupp Atlas ARPA Gets British DoT Type Approval page: 43
- Dyvi Heavy Lift Vessel Busy Transporting Semisubmersibles page: 47
- RFD Survival Liferaft Line Gains Davit-Launch Approval page: 47