Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer
Monarch Instrument of Amherst, N.H. has introduced a new convenient non-contact optical tachometer that is packaged in a pistol grip configuration. The new instrument, called PHASAR-TACH, measures rotational speed over the range of 50 to 20,000 rpm to an accuracy of + / -1 rpm. Speeds are measured by aiming the instrument at a single reflective marker on the rotating object and reading the displayed speed directly in rpm. Speeds can be measured at distances up to three feet and angles up to 45 degrees from the reflective target.
Two models of PHASAR-TACH are available, the PHASAR-LCD featuring a liquid crystal display, both equipped with an on-target indicator. Both models are powered by four "AA" batteries accessible by lifting the hinged top cover of the instrument.
For those applications where the operator needs both hands free, PHASAR-TACH may be latched in the 'on' mode by means of a locking push button on the pistol grip trigger, and mounted on a standard '/-20 threaded bushing at the base of the handle.
For more information on the new pistol grip tachometer from Monarch Instrument, Circle 46 on Reader Service Card
Read Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of March 15, 1985 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from March 15, 1985 issue
- New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet page: 4
- Wittmeyer Succeeds Serrie As Operations Vice President At Penn Ship page: 6
- Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations Christens Giant Lift Boat page: 7
- THE FY 86 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 8
- Cummins Introduces First Of Its B And C Series Marine Models page: 17
- Radio Holland Introduces Expanded Marine Communications Line page: 18
- DIESEL POWER SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT page: 20
- Bombardier/ALCO A New Force In Diesel Manufacturing page: 37
- Pilot Operated, Hot Gas Solenoid Valve Introduced By Valcor Engineering page: 40
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 40
- Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation page: 41
- Blohm + Voss Awarded $3.4-Million Contract To Renovate Cruise Ship page: 42
- Sigmaform Introduces GK-A60 Multi-Cable Transit System page: 42
- Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division page: 42
- New Brochure Details Harris HF Marine Radio Products page: 47