New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet
A new partnership, Blue Streak- Gulf Island Operations, has been formed to operate a fleet of self-propelled, self elevating offshore workboats.
The partnership was formed by Blue Streak Marine, Inc., a selfelevating vessel operating company, Belle Chasse, La., and Gulf Island Marine, Inc., a Baton Rouge, La., company engaged in the financing and management of offshore marine vessels.
Offices for the new venture are located at 2306 Engineers Rd., Belle Chasse, LA 70037. Dennis L.
Good, president of Blue Streak Marine is president of the combined venture and Avis J. Bourg, Jr., is vice-president and general manager.
Participating Gulf Island Marine executives are Ronald E. Sanders, chairman of the board, John S. Hadaway, executive vice-president, and Jeffrey R. Nicholson, vice-president of finance.
Mr. Good said the joining of Blue Streak's 11 lift boats and Gulf Island's five vessels combines to produce a fleet of some of the largest and most versatile lift boats in the world.
"Our customers can draw from a fleet that operates vessels with legs from 75 feet to 200 feet with crane capacities of 10 tons to 75 tons," said Mr. Good. "Also," he added, "we can provide quarters and galley facilities for 14 to 42 people and electrical generation capacities from 40 KW to 300 KW." Additional office space, galleys, or quarters for up to 65 people can be provided through the use of portable buildings secured to the decks of the Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations boats.
For free literature and additional information on their services, Circle 26 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from March 15, 1985 issue
- New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet page: 4
- Wittmeyer Succeeds Serrie As Operations Vice President At Penn Ship page: 6
- Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations Christens Giant Lift Boat page: 7
- THE FY 86 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 8
- Cummins Introduces First Of Its B And C Series Marine Models page: 17
- Radio Holland Introduces Expanded Marine Communications Line page: 18
- DIESEL POWER SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT page: 20
- Bombardier/ALCO A New Force In Diesel Manufacturing page: 37
- Pilot Operated, Hot Gas Solenoid Valve Introduced By Valcor Engineering page: 40
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 40
- Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation page: 41
- Blohm + Voss Awarded $3.4-Million Contract To Renovate Cruise Ship page: 42
- Sigmaform Introduces GK-A60 Multi-Cable Transit System page: 42
- Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division page: 42
- New Brochure Details Harris HF Marine Radio Products page: 47