Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division
Signet Marine Group, an operating entity of Signet Corporation of Houston, has formed an Ocean Transportation Services (OTS) Division, according to a recent announcement by J. Barry Snyder, president and chief executive officer of Signet, and Thomas V. Van Dawark, executive vice president of Dillingham Maritime. Under the terms of an agreement between Signet and Dillingham Maritime, Signet will charter Dillingham vessels to augment its existing fleet.
The OTS Division will specialize in marine towing and transportation of liquid, dry bulk, breakbulk. containerized, and project cargoes in the Atlantic, Gulf Coast, and Caribbean.
Signet Marine's established operations include Bulkfleet Marine Corporation, a carrier of refined petroleum products and other bulk materials.
The management team chosen for the development of the expanded Signet Marine Group will include many of the former key Ocean Transportation Services, Inc. managers from Dillingham.
Circle 50 on Reader Service Card
Read Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of March 15, 1985 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from March 15, 1985 issue
- New Partnership Formed To Operate Large Versatile Lift-Boat Fleet page: 4
- Wittmeyer Succeeds Serrie As Operations Vice President At Penn Ship page: 6
- Blue Streak-Gulf Island Operations Christens Giant Lift Boat page: 7
- THE FY 86 NAVY PROGRAMS page: 8
- Cummins Introduces First Of Its B And C Series Marine Models page: 17
- Radio Holland Introduces Expanded Marine Communications Line page: 18
- DIESEL POWER SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT page: 20
- Bombardier/ALCO A New Force In Diesel Manufacturing page: 37
- Pilot Operated, Hot Gas Solenoid Valve Introduced By Valcor Engineering page: 40
- Monarch Introduces New Pistol Grip Portable Tachometer page: 40
- Coast Guard Approves Radar Training Courses At Marine Simulation page: 41
- Blohm + Voss Awarded $3.4-Million Contract To Renovate Cruise Ship page: 42
- Sigmaform Introduces GK-A60 Multi-Cable Transit System page: 42
- Signet Forms New Ocean Transportation Services Division page: 42
- New Brochure Details Harris HF Marine Radio Products page: 47