OMSA Elects New Officers —Congressman Warns Of California Plan'
The Offshore Marine Service Association has elected eight new members to its board of directors replacing those whose terms have expired.
Capt. W. A. Mayberry, executive director of OMSA said those elected to two year terms are: chairman, Ken Waldorf, Zapata Gulf Marine Corp., Houston; vice chairman, Otto Candies Jr., Otto Candies, Inc., Des Allemands, La.; secretary/ treasurer, Charles Burrell, Leevac Corp., Morgan City, La.; John Bissell, Seal Fleet, Inc., Galveston; Jody Powers, Otis Engineering Corp., Harvey, La.; Ogden Thomas, Seahorse, Inc., Morgan City, La.; F. C. (Butch) Felterman, Galaxie Marine Service, Inc., Patterson, La.; and James Clement, Offshore Logistics, Inc., Lafayette, La.
The election was held at the association's recent quarterly meeting which was addressed by Rep. Billy Tauzin (D La.). The Congressman, who serves on important marine and energy committees, discussed standby vessels, warehouse vessels, and urged OMSA members to defeat the "California Plan," a moratorium proposal which would have deleterious impact on offshore energy interests.
OMSA, whose offices are located in New Orleans, La., promotes the goals and interests of firms providing vessel support services to all phases of the offshore oil, mineral, construction and pipelaying industries.
Its vessel owning members operate more than 3,000 vessels and employ more than 30,000 personnel.
Interested parties should call (504) 523-7363.
Other stories from December 1985 issue
- United States Cruises Applies To M a r A d For $150-Million Title XI page: 4
- PA Series Heavy Fuel Diesel Now Available From Fairbanks Morse page: 6
- Six-Page Color Brochure On Energol Lubricants Offered Free By BP Marine page: 6
- Getty Fleet Orders Lips Speed-Adapted Propellers To Increase Efficiency page: 6
- Karl Senner Offers Free Color Brochure On Reintjes Marine Gearboxes page: 6
- OMSA Elects New Officers —Congressman Warns Of California Plan' page: 8
- Birka Line Cruise Ship Launched At Valmet's Helsinki Shipyard page: 8
- Fire Combat, Inc. Offers 10-Page Manual On Fire Suppression Systems page: 9
- Texaco Appoints Quegan General Manager, Marine Department page: 10
- Fernstrom Elected President And CEO Of American Ship Building page: 10
- New Briefcase Computer For Marine Industry From NAV-COM page: 12
- Furuno USA Introduces New Doppler Speed Log And ARPA Line page: 12
- W. Anthony Watt Heads Sales And Marketing Division At Moran Towing page: 14
- Marinette Delivers First Of Ten Torpedo Weapons Retrievers page: 14
- Bassett Named President Of Interocean Management page: 14
- Kockums To Build Ferry With First Coal-Fired Marine Steam Engines In 30 Years page: 16
- COSCO And McMullen Form New Company— COSCO North America page: 17
- Cunard Gives $115-Million Contract To Lloyd Werft To Convert QE2 To Diesel And Alter Accommodations page: 17
- Harnischfeger To Build World's Largest Dipper/Clamshell Dredge page: 18
- Bethlehem Steel Dedicates Its New Sabine Yard In Port Arthur, Texas page: 18
- Totem To Acquire Controlling Interest In Interocean Steamship Corp. page: 20
- OUTSTANDING OCEANGOING SHIPS OF 1985 page: 22
- NOTABLE CONVERSIONS OF 1985 page: 44
- Bender Shipbuilding Wins $4.5 Million In Contracts page: 49
- Construction of 'Theodore Roosevelt' Ahead Of Schedule And Under Budget page: 50
- Magnavox Introduces New Generation SatCom And New GPS/Transit SatNav Receivers page: 51
- GPS/Transit SatNav Receivers page: 52
- Network 90, Integrated Marine Management System For Reduced Costs And Maximized Profits page: 55
- SHIPBOARD COMPUTER SURVEY page: 58
- Ellicott Machine Corporation Announces Personnel Changes page: 68
- Vapor Corporation Announces New Sphere Matrix Technology page: 68
- U.S. NAVY SHIP PROCUREMENT Second Quarterly Update—November 1985 page: 70
- MSI Conducting Tests For Proposed Canadian Ferry With Voith Schneider Propulsion page: 77
- Design Improvements In EMD's 645FB Diesel Provide Higher Horsepower, Better Fuel Economy page: 78
- Perko Presents The 200 Series International Navigation Lights page: 81
- Coast Guard Completes Installation Of Advanced Navigational Aid In N.Y. Harbor page: 85
- Macmeter Offers Metering Protection page: 91
- MARDATA Named North American Agent For Lloyd's Information Services page: 91