Propulsion Systems, Inc. To Supply Bow Thrusters For Two Ro/Ro Vessels
Propulsion Systems, Inc., 21213- 76th Avenue South, Kent, Wash.
98031, has been awarded a contract to furnish bow thrusters for two heavy lift ro/ro cargo vessels of about 3,000 dwt. These ships are being built by Peterson Builders, Sturgeon Bay, Wis. The vessels will be operated by the Gulf Trading and Transportation Company, and will service all U.S. and possibly foreign ports carrying heavy or odd-sized cargoes.
The thrusters will be driven by 600-horsepower a-c electric motors, and have controllable-pitch propellers, allowing stepless remote control of thrust from zero to full to either port or starboard.
The second of these two thrusters will be the 200th thruster delivered by PSI. These units are of the same size and type as the first thruster delivered by PSI after incorporation in 1961.
PSI now has available 14 basic thruster sizes from 24 to 3,000 horsepower of fixed or controllable pitch, available in the form of tunnel thrusters or steerable compass thrusters which, in turn, may be fixed, removable or retractable.
Other stories from June 15, 1977 issue
- Sixth LNG/LPG Meeting Gastech 78 To Be Held Nov. 7-10 In Monte Car page: 4
- Nichols/Pittman/Choate Purchase Cox Interest In Mississippi Marine page: 6
- Japanese Shipbuilders Association Elects Dr. Shinto President page: 6
- Bethlehem To Reconstruct Four PFEL Ships At Cost Of $5 Million Each page: 8
- Federal Barge Lines Names David Ruffner Manager Eastern Region page: 8
- McAllister Adds 4,290-HP Tug To Hampton Roads Fleet page: 9
- Model Of National Monument Honoring American Seamen Unveiled On Maritime Day page: 11
- New GE MST-21 9,000-19,000 SHP Steam Turbine Available page: 11
- Research Contracts To Combustion Engineering And Mortada International page: 11
- LNG-5 . . . Dusseldorf page: 12
- N.Y. Propeller Club Elects Hart President page: 19
- Pacific N.W. Section Hears Paper On Marine Cathodic Protection page: 28
- Union Mechling Forms Water Analytics Division page: 30
- U.S. Steel Orders Colt-Pielstick Engines For Huge Ore Carrier page: 33
- Raytheon Adopts New Warranty Program page: 38
- Lloyd's Register Pioneers Vibration Monitoring Techniques page: 40
- ABS Forms Republic Of China Technical Committee page: 42
- Propulsion Systems, Inc. To Supply Bow Thrusters For Two Ro/Ro Vessels page: 44
- Dry Dock Association Elects Massa President page: 50
- Hansen And Tidemann, Inc. Names Mitchell To Head First West Coast Office page: 50
- New Register Shows Ro-Ro Fleet Much Larger page: 51
- Advanced Marine Vehicles Conference Issues Call For Papers page: 52
- ITT Decca Marine Introduces Two New Navigation Aids page: 53
- Electro-Nav Names Woolf General Manager San Francisco Office page: 56
- SNAME Los Angeles Section Discusses Use Of Concrete For Marine LNG Tankage page: 56
- Bethlehem Beaumont To Build Self-Setting Production-Storage Platform For Phillips Petroleum page: 57
- Prudential Installs Fleetwide Preventive Maintenance Program page: 58
- National Cargo Bureau Appoints Captain Gates page: 59
- Maryland Police And United Nations Order Boats From Uniflite page: 60
- Mitsubishi To Convert Sea-Land Containerships page: 61
- Marine Electronics Dealers Establish Reciprocal Service page: 61