NKK To Build Two Drill Rigs For Sedco At Cost Of $29 Million
Nippon Kokan (NKK) of Japan has signed a construction contract with the w o r l d ' s l a r g e st drilling contractor, Sedco, Inc.
headquartered in Dallas, Texas, for two NKK/BMC 250 mat-supported type jackup rigs.
Masato Hiraki, NKK New York general manager, said the order covers the third and fourth units it has so far been awarded for this type rig. Two previous orders were received from J.F.P. Well Services Inc. of the U.S., each for one unit of the same type.
Contract price for the Sedco rigs is about $14.5 million each.
This price does not include machinery and equipment to be supplied by the owner. NKK reports that the first unit will be completed at its Tsu Works and delivered in May 1981. The second rig is to be delivered in July of that year. The two units are to be used for drilling operations off the coast of West Africa.
These rigs will be 191 feet long, 132 feet wide, and 16 feet deep.
The mat base measures 195 feet 6 inches by 164 feet by 10 feet.
Maximum operating depth will be 250 feet, and drilling capability will be 20,000 feet. Classed by the American Bureau of Shipping, each rig will have a complement of about 80 persons.
Other stories from May 15, 1980 issue
- Kormarine Will Have International Exhibits page: 4
- General Dynamics Christens Its First LNG Carrier Built For U.S. Trade page: 6
- L i t e r a t u r e A v a i l a b l e On M a r i n e A n d O f f s h o re H y d r a u l i c Equipment page: 8
- S i f c o P r o v i d es O n b o a r d P l a t i n g - L i t e r a t u r e A v a i l a b le page: 8
- Literature Available On New Decca Loran C Unit page: 11
- Guidance Notes For Coal-Burning Ships Available From Lloyd's page: 11
- Self-Unloading Bulk Carrier Delivered To ASC By Bay Shipbuilding page: 12
- Honeywell-ELAC Names Reimann As Consultant page: 12
- Hillman Changes Name To HBC Barge, Inc. page: 12
- George K. Geiger Joins Bay Shipbuilding Corp. page: 15
- Delaval Will Test Use Of Coal-Derived Fuel page: 15
- Navy Contracts Totaling $203 Million Awarded To Todd Shipyards- Backlog Is $1.5 Billion page: 16
- First Of 60-Barge Order Delivered By NABRICO page: 17
- Garlock Introduces Expandable Packing- Literature Available page: 17
- Four Supply Vessels Of New Class Delivered To Tidewater Marine page: 18
- Fourth Crandall Drydock For Belgium Placed In Service page: 18
- Sarex Oil/Water Separators Approved By U.S. Coast Guard —Literature Available page: 20
- AP L A n d Encinal To Develop Container Terminal In A l a m e da page: 23
- The Shipbuilding Market In The USA page: 24
- Literature Available On Bomar Deck Hatches page: 28
- Joint Venture Formed By Taylor And Hydrospace page: 28
- Literature Available From Elliott Co. On High-Speed Gears page: 29
- Santa Fe International And Acres Consulting Form Joint Venture page: 31
- New Rust Inhibitor Introduced By Farboil —Literature Available page: 31
- Paceco Awards Contract - P a r t Of $26-Million Expansion At Gulfport page: 31
- Halifax Yard Awards $1.3-Million Contract For Modernization page: 36
- . J . Henry Elected To Norshipco Board page: 36
- Vincent Fiorenza Gets Added Duties At Moore McCormack page: 37
- $C19.5-Million Modernization Under Way At Halifax Shipyards page: 38
- Student Paper Presented At SNAME Chesapeake Section page: 38
- $46.8-Million Research Facility To Be Built In St. John's, Newfoundland page: 40
- New Salvage Technique Developed In Sweden page: 41
- M.A.N. Acquires Majority Shares in B & W Diesel A/S page: 42
- Literature Available On Chesterton Pump And Valve Packings page: 42
- Literature Available On Tracor Automatic Omega page: 43
- NKK To Build Two Drill Rigs For Sedco At Cost Of $29 Million page: 43
- R.A. Sleiertin Joins Career Associates page: 46
- Brochure Available On Comsat General Marisat Terminal page: 46
- Second Trident Submarine Launched At Electric Boat page: 47
- IME Meeting Discussed Combustion Systems And Use Of New Fuels page: 48
- Levingston And Asmar Deliver First Drill Rig Of A New Class page: 48
- New Oil/Water Emulsion System From Hoffert— Literature Available page: 49
- Literature Available On Simrad's Latest Digital Echosounders page: 50
- R.R. Barkerding Joins Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 50
- SNAME New York Section Hears Paper On SWATH Vessels page: 51
- J.H. Leonhard Named Marketing Manager At International Paint page: 51
- Literature Available On Rockwell's Redesigned Steel Globe Valves page: 51
- Electric Boat Division Launches Navy Attack Submarine 'Boston' page: 55