Literature Available On Chesterton Pump And Valve Packings
Two high-performance, multiple service mechanical packings have been developed by A.W.
Chesterton Company, Stoneham, Mass., for pump and valve applications in media in pH range of 4 to 11, and in temperatures up to 400F(205C).
Greater yarn strength and the incorporation of PTFE and other lubricants enable both styles to be particularly effective. Each strand of the yarn has been individually coated to dissipate heat, and to allow proper frictional characteristics in centrifugal pump applications.
Du Pont's Kevlar aramid fibers are used in the yarn manufacture.
This permits the packing's use in higher pressures than are tolerated by other braided packings.
Chesterton Style 340 and 1740 can be used as backup rings in combination with other types of packing because of their g r e a t er strength.
Style 340 is s q u a r e - b r a i d e d.
Such construction generally allows greater flexibility and reduces shaft wear. Style 1740 is an interbraid construction, and is designed for applications in which pressures are high or/and shaft bearing support is weakened.
For further information, write to Robert Robotham for Bulletin 71780, A.W. Chesterton Company, Middlesex Industrial Park, Stoneham, Mass. 02180.
Other stories from May 15, 1980 issue
- Kormarine Will Have International Exhibits page: 4
- General Dynamics Christens Its First LNG Carrier Built For U.S. Trade page: 6
- L i t e r a t u r e A v a i l a b l e On M a r i n e A n d O f f s h o re H y d r a u l i c Equipment page: 8
- S i f c o P r o v i d es O n b o a r d P l a t i n g - L i t e r a t u r e A v a i l a b le page: 8
- Literature Available On New Decca Loran C Unit page: 11
- Guidance Notes For Coal-Burning Ships Available From Lloyd's page: 11
- Self-Unloading Bulk Carrier Delivered To ASC By Bay Shipbuilding page: 12
- Honeywell-ELAC Names Reimann As Consultant page: 12
- Hillman Changes Name To HBC Barge, Inc. page: 12
- George K. Geiger Joins Bay Shipbuilding Corp. page: 15
- Delaval Will Test Use Of Coal-Derived Fuel page: 15
- Navy Contracts Totaling $203 Million Awarded To Todd Shipyards- Backlog Is $1.5 Billion page: 16
- First Of 60-Barge Order Delivered By NABRICO page: 17
- Garlock Introduces Expandable Packing- Literature Available page: 17
- Four Supply Vessels Of New Class Delivered To Tidewater Marine page: 18
- Fourth Crandall Drydock For Belgium Placed In Service page: 18
- Sarex Oil/Water Separators Approved By U.S. Coast Guard —Literature Available page: 20
- AP L A n d Encinal To Develop Container Terminal In A l a m e da page: 23
- The Shipbuilding Market In The USA page: 24
- Literature Available On Bomar Deck Hatches page: 28
- Joint Venture Formed By Taylor And Hydrospace page: 28
- Literature Available From Elliott Co. On High-Speed Gears page: 29
- Santa Fe International And Acres Consulting Form Joint Venture page: 31
- New Rust Inhibitor Introduced By Farboil —Literature Available page: 31
- Paceco Awards Contract - P a r t Of $26-Million Expansion At Gulfport page: 31
- Halifax Yard Awards $1.3-Million Contract For Modernization page: 36
- . J . Henry Elected To Norshipco Board page: 36
- Vincent Fiorenza Gets Added Duties At Moore McCormack page: 37
- $C19.5-Million Modernization Under Way At Halifax Shipyards page: 38
- Student Paper Presented At SNAME Chesapeake Section page: 38
- $46.8-Million Research Facility To Be Built In St. John's, Newfoundland page: 40
- New Salvage Technique Developed In Sweden page: 41
- M.A.N. Acquires Majority Shares in B & W Diesel A/S page: 42
- Literature Available On Chesterton Pump And Valve Packings page: 42
- Literature Available On Tracor Automatic Omega page: 43
- NKK To Build Two Drill Rigs For Sedco At Cost Of $29 Million page: 43
- R.A. Sleiertin Joins Career Associates page: 46
- Brochure Available On Comsat General Marisat Terminal page: 46
- Second Trident Submarine Launched At Electric Boat page: 47
- IME Meeting Discussed Combustion Systems And Use Of New Fuels page: 48
- Levingston And Asmar Deliver First Drill Rig Of A New Class page: 48
- New Oil/Water Emulsion System From Hoffert— Literature Available page: 49
- Literature Available On Simrad's Latest Digital Echosounders page: 50
- R.R. Barkerding Joins Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 50
- SNAME New York Section Hears Paper On SWATH Vessels page: 51
- J.H. Leonhard Named Marketing Manager At International Paint page: 51
- Literature Available On Rockwell's Redesigned Steel Globe Valves page: 51
- Electric Boat Division Launches Navy Attack Submarine 'Boston' page: 55