George K. Geiger Joins Bay Shipbuilding Corp.
Bay Shipbuilding Corporation, S t u r g e o n Bay, W i s . , has announced that George K. Geiger will assume the position of vice president and general manager and will report directly to A.J.
Mr. Geiger was employed by Bethlehem Steel Corporation in 1970. He was a member of a team that organized and staffed the Bethlehem yard in the Republic of Singapore, Malaysia, Once the shipyard was in operation, Mr.
Geiger was in charge of production operations, equipment procurement, and operational budgets.
In 1965, he returned to the United States where he was assigned as assistant to the general manager at the Key Highway ship repair yard.
In 1966, Mr. Geiger was employed by Litton Industries and was first assigned to the Beverly Hills, Calif. FDL program participating in the development of the new Pascagoula, Miss., shipyard.
In 1967, he became president and general manager of Erie Marine in Erie, Pa. There, Mr. Geiger established a new shipyard and shipbuilding company at which the first 1,000-foot Great Lakes bulk carrier, the M/V Stewart J. Cort, was built for Bethlehem Steel. He has also held key positions at Todd Shipyards at Los Angeles, and Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Washington.
Other stories from May 15, 1980 issue
- Kormarine Will Have International Exhibits page: 4
- General Dynamics Christens Its First LNG Carrier Built For U.S. Trade page: 6
- L i t e r a t u r e A v a i l a b l e On M a r i n e A n d O f f s h o re H y d r a u l i c Equipment page: 8
- S i f c o P r o v i d es O n b o a r d P l a t i n g - L i t e r a t u r e A v a i l a b le page: 8
- Literature Available On New Decca Loran C Unit page: 11
- Guidance Notes For Coal-Burning Ships Available From Lloyd's page: 11
- Self-Unloading Bulk Carrier Delivered To ASC By Bay Shipbuilding page: 12
- Honeywell-ELAC Names Reimann As Consultant page: 12
- Hillman Changes Name To HBC Barge, Inc. page: 12
- George K. Geiger Joins Bay Shipbuilding Corp. page: 15
- Delaval Will Test Use Of Coal-Derived Fuel page: 15
- Navy Contracts Totaling $203 Million Awarded To Todd Shipyards- Backlog Is $1.5 Billion page: 16
- First Of 60-Barge Order Delivered By NABRICO page: 17
- Garlock Introduces Expandable Packing- Literature Available page: 17
- Four Supply Vessels Of New Class Delivered To Tidewater Marine page: 18
- Fourth Crandall Drydock For Belgium Placed In Service page: 18
- Sarex Oil/Water Separators Approved By U.S. Coast Guard —Literature Available page: 20
- AP L A n d Encinal To Develop Container Terminal In A l a m e da page: 23
- The Shipbuilding Market In The USA page: 24
- Literature Available On Bomar Deck Hatches page: 28
- Joint Venture Formed By Taylor And Hydrospace page: 28
- Literature Available From Elliott Co. On High-Speed Gears page: 29
- Santa Fe International And Acres Consulting Form Joint Venture page: 31
- New Rust Inhibitor Introduced By Farboil —Literature Available page: 31
- Paceco Awards Contract - P a r t Of $26-Million Expansion At Gulfport page: 31
- Halifax Yard Awards $1.3-Million Contract For Modernization page: 36
- . J . Henry Elected To Norshipco Board page: 36
- Vincent Fiorenza Gets Added Duties At Moore McCormack page: 37
- $C19.5-Million Modernization Under Way At Halifax Shipyards page: 38
- Student Paper Presented At SNAME Chesapeake Section page: 38
- $46.8-Million Research Facility To Be Built In St. John's, Newfoundland page: 40
- New Salvage Technique Developed In Sweden page: 41
- M.A.N. Acquires Majority Shares in B & W Diesel A/S page: 42
- Literature Available On Chesterton Pump And Valve Packings page: 42
- Literature Available On Tracor Automatic Omega page: 43
- NKK To Build Two Drill Rigs For Sedco At Cost Of $29 Million page: 43
- R.A. Sleiertin Joins Career Associates page: 46
- Brochure Available On Comsat General Marisat Terminal page: 46
- Second Trident Submarine Launched At Electric Boat page: 47
- IME Meeting Discussed Combustion Systems And Use Of New Fuels page: 48
- Levingston And Asmar Deliver First Drill Rig Of A New Class page: 48
- New Oil/Water Emulsion System From Hoffert— Literature Available page: 49
- Literature Available On Simrad's Latest Digital Echosounders page: 50
- R.R. Barkerding Joins Ryan-Walsh Stevedoring page: 50
- SNAME New York Section Hears Paper On SWATH Vessels page: 51
- J.H. Leonhard Named Marketing Manager At International Paint page: 51
- Literature Available On Rockwell's Redesigned Steel Globe Valves page: 51
- Electric Boat Division Launches Navy Attack Submarine 'Boston' page: 55