Swift Group Management Promotions Announced
The following promotions were announced by Jerry L. Hoffpauir, president of Swift Group. The Swift Group, commonly referred to as Swiftships, Inc., is comprised of Champion Swiftships, Swiftships Morgan City, Swiftships Lafitte, Swiftships Freeport, and Swiftships Maroil, Singapore.
Bernard (Barney) Heaps has been promoted to senior vice president of the Group. He will be responsible for production, planning, safety, security, and profit improvement.
He was formerly vice president of Champion Shipyards when it was acquired by Swift- ships, Inc. in 1982.
Calvin J. Leleux has been promoted to vice president of engineering for the Group. He will be responsible for all phases of design, engineering, and working drawings. Mr. Leleux joined Swiftships, Inc. in 1973.
Sidney C. Mizell has been promoted to vice president of marketing for the Group. He will be responsible for all sales, marketing, advertising, and public relations.
He joined Swiftships, Inc. with the acquisition of Champion Shipyards in 1982.
Other stories from November 15, 1983 issue
- Indonesia Signs $150-Million Agreement For 4 Boeing Jetfoils page: 5
- Joint Venture Formed By Union Carbide And MTL page: 5
- Global Marine Introduces New Designs For New Generation Of Heavy Weather Jackups page: 6
- M i t c h e l l M a r i n e Delivers Fourth Service Boat page: 7
- Swift Group Management Promotions Announced page: 8
- Bay Shipbuilding Building Coal Topping Off Barge page: 8
- Radm. Nunneley New President Of ASNE page: 9
- Ship Survivability Topic Of Symposium In Philadelphia December 7 page: 10
- Miniliner Newport Clipper Delivered By Jeffboat page: 10
- Marinette Marine Awarded $6-Million Navy Contract page: 11
- ASNE Call For Papers For '84 Naval Ship Symposium page: 11
- Third ARS Keel Laying At Peterson Builders page: 12
- Navy Awards Tracor $7.7-Million Contract page: 12
- Thomas Marine Offers 38' Aluminum Crewboat —Literature Available page: 12
- Nav-Com Names Franza Director Of Marketing page: 13
- Offshore Drilling Rig Sedco 602 Delivered By Promet Shipyard page: 14
- Uniroyal Fendering To Be Fitted On ARAMCO Tug —Literature Available page: 14
- Changes In The Navy Shipbuilding Program — An Update — page: 16
- Wartsila Diesels To Power Sonat Semisubmersible —Literature Available page: 25
- Blount Marine Gets Orders For Three New Vessels page: 26
- PIMA Established As Shipbuilding/Repair Agents page: 26
- U.S. And Canadian Companies Licensed To Build Vickdock page: 27
- N.Y. Port Engineers Society Discusses Importance Of Propeller Finish page: 33
- Halter Marine Completes Contract With Tidewater page: 34
- Great Lakes Towing Christens 250-Ton Drydock page: 35
- TCS Cuts Barge-Moving Costs With New Winch-Control System page: 36
- Financial Moratorium At Verolme Botlek Lifted page: 37
- Concrete Offshore Platform Designed By Foundation-Skanska page: 37
- Productivity Advances In Shipbuilding page: 38
- National Marine Names Mangan Service Manager page: 40
- Fetterolf Acquires Stacey Valve Products —Literature Available page: 40
- SNAME Gulf Section Meets In Biloxi page: 45
- Armco Adds Forging Capability For Stainless-Steel Products —Free Literature Available page: 45
- Submarine Honolulu Launched At Newport News Shipbuilding page: 45
- Wartsila Opens Newest Factory In Singapore —Engine Literature Available page: 50