AAPA Moves Headquarters To Arlington, Virginia

After 35 years of operations in downtown Washington, D.C., the American Association of Port Authorities has relocated its headquarters to Alexandria, Va., a port city located directly across the Potomac River from the nation's capital.

The 6,000-square-foot office building is a part of the new Bed- ford Place development project located near the Washington area rapid rail transit station in Alexandria.

AAPA purchased the property last October prior to the beginning of construction. The purchase culminated a two-year study of the Association's long-term space needs and its financial options in providing for those needs. W. Gregory Halpin, AAPA's chairman-elect, directed the office space planning committee.

AAPA founded in 1912, represents virtually all the public port authorities of the U.S., and the major port agencies of Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean area nations. From 1912 to 1949 the Association's headquarters were in New Orleans.

Maritime Reporter Magazine, page 6,  Oct 1984 Washington

Read AAPA Moves Headquarters To Arlington, Virginia in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of October 1984 Maritime Reporter

Other stories from October 1984 issue

Content

Maritime Reporter

First published in 1881 Maritime Reporter is the world's largest audited circulation publication serving the global maritime industry.