New Boiler Cleaning Technique Offers Savings For Vessel Owners
—Literature Available Infrasonik AB of Finspong, Sweden, is offering literature on a new boiler cleaning technique that offers savings for vessel owners.
The eight-page color brochure, entitled "Infrafone—the new approach to boiler cleaning," explains that the technique is based on maintaining a constant sound pressure in an enclosed space by generating infrasound— sound waves with a low frequency (approximately 20 Hz) and a long wavelength (17-30 m).
The Infrafone equipment consists of a sound generator comprising an air feeder unit connected to a quarterwave resonator in the form of a resonance tube. In simple terms, the equipment works like an organ pipe, and its only source of power is an air blower.
The company says that the technique is simple, and despite the fact that it is young it has already produced convincing proof of being vastly superior to conventional methods of sootblowing. Advantages listed are: appreciably more efficient cleaning; high efficiency— lower operating costs; wear is eliminated— maintenance is minimized; the pay-off time is less than one year; installation is simple, involving a boiler stoppage of no more than one day; and since infrasound is non-directional, the equipment can be located virtually anywhere.
The technique is said to perform excellently on boilers fired with most fuels—coal, oil, wood chips, bark, peat, municipal refuse, magnesium oxide and black liquor.
The publication is well illustrated with drawings, charts and color photos.
For a free copy of the brochure on Infrasonik's Infrafone, Circle 60 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 15, 1985 issue
- Scheidt Named Marketing And Sales Vice President For American Steamship page: 5
- Radio-Holland USA, B.V. Automates Coastal Station WLO's Radiotelex Service page: 5
- Terry Announces New GLT Single-Stage Turbine page: 6
- NEW GHH-Constructed Drydock, Mission Bay, For Continental Maritime page: 8
- Free Brochure From Baldt Details Moor-Free™ Rapid Release System page: 8
- Korobov Elected Vice President-Finance For COMSAT TeleSystems— Mutnick Named Controller page: 10
- Tano Receives Additional Coast Guard Contract Valued At $2.7 Million page: 10
- Daewoo Wins $16.5-Million Contract To Build Offshore Vessel For India page: 10
- Exclusive Rep For Danish Firm Introduces Radiotelephone System page: 10
- Weerts Named Senior Program Manager For American Systems page: 11
- ABS Developing New Computer Programs To Aid Ship Designers page: 11
- Smith Appointed Senior Vice President For American Steamship page: 14
- Bohme Named Product Development Manager For Simpson Timber page: 14
- Joseph Joins COMSAT As Executive Vice President page: 14
- Lundberg Reappointed Director General Of INMARSAT page: 16
- Literature Available On Clemco Industries' 'Educt-O-Matic' page: 16
- Hubbard Named To Newly Created Position At American President Lines page: 16
- SNAME Introduces New Quarterly— The Journal Of Ship Production page: 16
- Cambridge Instruments Completes New Plant page: 16
- Navigation & Communications Equipment — A R e v i e w— page: 18
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Unique Advantages page: 32
- Tompkins To Market BFGoodrich Bearings In Four Eastern States page: 33
- Los Angeles SNAME And ASNE Sections Meet In Joint Session page: 34
- Literature Available On FIRE-PREP® 2012 From Nalco Chemical page: 34
- Skantek Announces SK-401, An OCR Software Technology Breakthrough page: 34
- John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals page: 34
- Flakt Offers 20-Page Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 36
- Clemco Pipe Cleaning Tools Blast-Clean Pipe Interior Without Rotating The Pipe page: 39
- Hitachi Delivers Jackup Rig Built For O N G C Of India page: 39
- PRC Announces Availability Of New Family Of Mercaptan Functional Polymers page: 40
- New Boiler Cleaning Technique Offers Savings For Vessel Owners page: 45
- Gulfport Orders Second Paceco Container Crane page: 45
- Brochure Available On HF-SSB Radio Products From Harris Corporation page: 45
- Halter Marine Awarded $85-Million Navy Contract To Build Six T-AGOS Ships page: 46
- Bailey Joins Selkirk Metalbestos As Staff Engineer For Piping Line page: 46
- Zito Named Vice President- Marketing & Development Of COMSAT Technology page: 46
- No Claims Yet On Cat's Over-The-Counter Parts Availability Guarantee page: 46
- Racal Wins $2.8-Million For Marine Simulators page: 46
- McTighe Offers Brochure On High-Flow & Low-Flow Oil/Water Separators page: 46