John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals
Bellows seals have long been essential to sealing integrity in a wide range of industrial rotary shaft applications.
Elastomer, metal and TFE bellows seals are universally accepted for the performance, safety and cost effectiveness they offer.
John Crane-Houdaille Inc. of Morton Grove, 111. has available comprehensive and detailed literature on the types of bellows seals they carry. They offer three distinct types of seals which have exact recommendations for application. The elastomer bellows seals (John Crane types 1 and 2 series), metal bellows (John Crane tvpe 15 series) and the TFE Bellows "(John Crane Type 20 series).
The elastomer bellows seals take extremes of temperature from — 40°F to +550°F. They stand up to operational pressures as great as 1200 psi and static pressures up to 2000 psi. Because elastomers inherently retain their flexibility and are not subject to fatigue as the bellows perform their flexing functions, they are better performers in many situations.
Metal bellows seals satisfy other services that are beyond the range of elastomers, including cryogenics, heat transfer fluids, severe chemicals and corrosives at temperatures as great as 800°F. Recent improvements include a special design, low distortion front adapter assembly that ensures insert face flatness through the entire operating temperature range, special shrink fit for high temperature applications and thicker bellows for pressures up to 500 psi.
The TFE bellows seals are recommended for the most hostile environments where elastomer and metal bellows won't hold up to concentrations of acids and salts, strong oxidizing or reducing agents and organics.
TFE bellows are the most corrosive resistant seals made. They won't erode like metal and temperature capabilities are to 250°F and pressure capabilities to 150 psi.
To receive further information on John Crane's bellows seals, Circle 52 on Reader Service Card
Read John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals in Pdf, Flash or Html5 edition of May 15, 1985 Maritime Reporter
Other stories from May 15, 1985 issue
- Scheidt Named Marketing And Sales Vice President For American Steamship page: 5
- Radio-Holland USA, B.V. Automates Coastal Station WLO's Radiotelex Service page: 5
- Terry Announces New GLT Single-Stage Turbine page: 6
- NEW GHH-Constructed Drydock, Mission Bay, For Continental Maritime page: 8
- Free Brochure From Baldt Details Moor-Free™ Rapid Release System page: 8
- Korobov Elected Vice President-Finance For COMSAT TeleSystems— Mutnick Named Controller page: 10
- Tano Receives Additional Coast Guard Contract Valued At $2.7 Million page: 10
- Daewoo Wins $16.5-Million Contract To Build Offshore Vessel For India page: 10
- Exclusive Rep For Danish Firm Introduces Radiotelephone System page: 10
- Weerts Named Senior Program Manager For American Systems page: 11
- ABS Developing New Computer Programs To Aid Ship Designers page: 11
- Smith Appointed Senior Vice President For American Steamship page: 14
- Bohme Named Product Development Manager For Simpson Timber page: 14
- Joseph Joins COMSAT As Executive Vice President page: 14
- Lundberg Reappointed Director General Of INMARSAT page: 16
- Literature Available On Clemco Industries' 'Educt-O-Matic' page: 16
- Hubbard Named To Newly Created Position At American President Lines page: 16
- SNAME Introduces New Quarterly— The Journal Of Ship Production page: 16
- Cambridge Instruments Completes New Plant page: 16
- Navigation & Communications Equipment — A R e v i e w— page: 18
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Unique Advantages page: 32
- Tompkins To Market BFGoodrich Bearings In Four Eastern States page: 33
- Los Angeles SNAME And ASNE Sections Meet In Joint Session page: 34
- Literature Available On FIRE-PREP® 2012 From Nalco Chemical page: 34
- Skantek Announces SK-401, An OCR Software Technology Breakthrough page: 34
- John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals page: 34
- Flakt Offers 20-Page Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 36
- Clemco Pipe Cleaning Tools Blast-Clean Pipe Interior Without Rotating The Pipe page: 39
- Hitachi Delivers Jackup Rig Built For O N G C Of India page: 39
- PRC Announces Availability Of New Family Of Mercaptan Functional Polymers page: 40
- New Boiler Cleaning Technique Offers Savings For Vessel Owners page: 45
- Gulfport Orders Second Paceco Container Crane page: 45
- Brochure Available On HF-SSB Radio Products From Harris Corporation page: 45
- Halter Marine Awarded $85-Million Navy Contract To Build Six T-AGOS Ships page: 46
- Bailey Joins Selkirk Metalbestos As Staff Engineer For Piping Line page: 46
- Zito Named Vice President- Marketing & Development Of COMSAT Technology page: 46
- No Claims Yet On Cat's Over-The-Counter Parts Availability Guarantee page: 46
- Racal Wins $2.8-Million For Marine Simulators page: 46
- McTighe Offers Brochure On High-Flow & Low-Flow Oil/Water Separators page: 46