Exclusive Rep For Danish Firm Introduces Radiotelephone System
M.E.M.A.C.-Dantronics Boca Raton, Fla., is the exclusive representative organization for the Danish Marine Communication A/S in the U.S. and Canada.
The new and second generation HF1200A radiotelephone system is said to be one of the most comprehensive long range radio telephone systems to be launched in the North American market in recent years. It has a new, completely redesigned transmitter (T-204A) solid state with 1,000-watt output. It is suitable for use on board large yachts, commercial vessels, offshore platforms, and is FCC type accepted. The HF1200A meets CEPT specifications, is MPT approved and complies with the latest SOLAS conventions, FCC, DOC and ITU radio rules.
The HF1200A is all solid state, has a fully synthesized transmitter and receiver, a built-in two tone alarm generator and electronic overload protection. It operates on 110, 220 or 380 ac or 24 VDC and contains a built-in antenna dummy load. All the international marine HF and MF bands are covered, there is a choice of exiter, the E204 which has 480 pre-programmed frequencies or the E205A which provides coverage of each marine bank in 100 Hz steps.
Optional extras include a built-in battery charger, remote controlled antenna tuner, extended frequency coverage from 1.6 to 30 MHz, both USB/LSB bands, and SITOR telex connections.
No warm-up period is required and it has low power consumption.
The system is well suited for pointto- point communications or for any oil platform communication installation.
For further information on the Danmar HF1200A systems, Circle 22 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from May 15, 1985 issue
- Scheidt Named Marketing And Sales Vice President For American Steamship page: 5
- Radio-Holland USA, B.V. Automates Coastal Station WLO's Radiotelex Service page: 5
- Terry Announces New GLT Single-Stage Turbine page: 6
- NEW GHH-Constructed Drydock, Mission Bay, For Continental Maritime page: 8
- Free Brochure From Baldt Details Moor-Free™ Rapid Release System page: 8
- Korobov Elected Vice President-Finance For COMSAT TeleSystems— Mutnick Named Controller page: 10
- Tano Receives Additional Coast Guard Contract Valued At $2.7 Million page: 10
- Daewoo Wins $16.5-Million Contract To Build Offshore Vessel For India page: 10
- Exclusive Rep For Danish Firm Introduces Radiotelephone System page: 10
- Weerts Named Senior Program Manager For American Systems page: 11
- ABS Developing New Computer Programs To Aid Ship Designers page: 11
- Smith Appointed Senior Vice President For American Steamship page: 14
- Bohme Named Product Development Manager For Simpson Timber page: 14
- Joseph Joins COMSAT As Executive Vice President page: 14
- Lundberg Reappointed Director General Of INMARSAT page: 16
- Literature Available On Clemco Industries' 'Educt-O-Matic' page: 16
- Hubbard Named To Newly Created Position At American President Lines page: 16
- SNAME Introduces New Quarterly— The Journal Of Ship Production page: 16
- Cambridge Instruments Completes New Plant page: 16
- Navigation & Communications Equipment — A R e v i e w— page: 18
- Elliott White Gill Thrusters Offer Unique Advantages page: 32
- Tompkins To Market BFGoodrich Bearings In Four Eastern States page: 33
- Los Angeles SNAME And ASNE Sections Meet In Joint Session page: 34
- Literature Available On FIRE-PREP® 2012 From Nalco Chemical page: 34
- Skantek Announces SK-401, An OCR Software Technology Breakthrough page: 34
- John Crane Offers Literature On Their Line Of Bellows Seals page: 34
- Flakt Offers 20-Page Brochure On Facilities And Capabilities page: 36
- Clemco Pipe Cleaning Tools Blast-Clean Pipe Interior Without Rotating The Pipe page: 39
- Hitachi Delivers Jackup Rig Built For O N G C Of India page: 39
- PRC Announces Availability Of New Family Of Mercaptan Functional Polymers page: 40
- New Boiler Cleaning Technique Offers Savings For Vessel Owners page: 45
- Gulfport Orders Second Paceco Container Crane page: 45
- Brochure Available On HF-SSB Radio Products From Harris Corporation page: 45
- Halter Marine Awarded $85-Million Navy Contract To Build Six T-AGOS Ships page: 46
- Bailey Joins Selkirk Metalbestos As Staff Engineer For Piping Line page: 46
- Zito Named Vice President- Marketing & Development Of COMSAT Technology page: 46
- No Claims Yet On Cat's Over-The-Counter Parts Availability Guarantee page: 46
- Racal Wins $2.8-Million For Marine Simulators page: 46
- McTighe Offers Brochure On High-Flow & Low-Flow Oil/Water Separators page: 46