AESA Wins Orders From Cuba, Sweden; Will Build Seven Ships
Spain's Astilleros Espanoles SA was recently awarded a five-vessel construction contract by Cuban shipping companies and a two-ship contract by a Swedish firm.
Under the Cuban contract, Empresa Navegacion Mambisa, the largest shipping line in Cuba, has ordered three 314-1/2-foot-long refrigerated cargo ships, and Empresa Navegacion Caribe (Navcaribe) has ordered two 1,600 m3 LPG/ammonia carriers. The vessels will be constructed at the builder's Juliana yard for a 1990 delivery.
The Swedish order, which was awarded by Laurin Maritime AB of Gothenburg, calls for the construction of two 46,000-dwt chemical/ products carriers. The vessels will be about 598 feet long, 105 feet wide and have a depth of 58 feet. The ships will be built at AESA's Sestao yard and delivered in December 1990.
The designs of all the vessels being built by AESA specify MAN B&W Diesel main propulsion machinery.
Each 262-foot LPG/ammonia carrier will be powered by MAN B&W main machinery which will develop 2,480 bhp at 250 rpm, while the three reefers will each be powered by MAN B&W main engines supplying 4,560 bhp at 200 rpm.
The Swedish ships will each feature MAN B&W engines developing 12,750 bhp at 102 rpm.
For free literature fully detailing the shipbuilding and ship-repairing services of AESA, Circle 71 on Reader Service Card For free literature completely describing the full line of MAN B&W diesel engines, Circle 72 on Reader Service Card
Other stories from October 1988 issue
- Campbell Receives Order For Three 'Super Pacific' Tuna Purse Seiners page: 5
- Workboat Division Of MonArk Boat Changes Name To SeaArk Marine— Key Personnel Changes Announced page: 6
- Columbian Rope Co. Offers Free Literature Detailing New Fiber Rope For Marine Use page: 6
- Caterpillar-Powered Passenger Ferry Delivered By Moss Point Marine To State Of North Carolina page: 7
- General Ship Repair To Build Tender/Breaker Under $921,320 Contract page: 8
- Carnival Acquires Majority Of Admiral, RCCL For $550 Million page: 8
- P&O Purchases Sitmar Cruises For $210 Million page: 9
- Intertrade Awarded Navy Contract To Supply Messenger/Position Buoys page: 10
- HHI Wins $230-Million Offshore Project For ONGC In India page: 10
- Trinity Marine Group To Build Navy Oceanographic Research Ship page: 11
- Deck Machinery And Cargo-Handling Equipment page: 12
- FISH EXPO '88 page: 22
- Two More C-10 Containerships Delivered To APL By German Yards page: 26
- Okabe Offers Mil-Spec Fasteners Stocking And Mill Shipment Program page: 29
- G. Marine Diesel Leases Brooklyn Navy Yard Facilities page: 30
- Slaughter Joins Butterworth Tank Cleaning Machines page: 31
- World's Largest Monohull Crane Ship To Be Outfitted At McDermott Yard page: 34
- Bardex Views Contract Activity As Sign Of Offshore Improvement page: 35
- Cummins-Powered Crewboat Being Built At Matsumo Yard For Esso Resource Canada page: 36
- Matson Navigation Requests Bids From Three U.S. Shipyards To Build RO/RO Containership page: 37
- Advanced Deck Cranes From O&K Shorten Berthing Times, Cut Costs page: 38
- GASTECH 88 page: 40
- Fire-Damaged Crabber 'Reborn' After Conversion At MARCO-Seattle Yard page: 41
- 'Consolidation And Expansion' Will Be Theme Of Seatrade's Cruise Shipping '89 page: 42
- AESA Wins Orders From Cuba, Sweden; Will Build Seven Ships page: 43
- Free Literature Offered On High-Tech Multi-Pak Marine Trash Compactors page: 43
- Upgraded MAN B&W L28/32 Engine Offers Improved Fuel Economy, Reliability And Durability page: 44
- Unitor Offers Free 14-Page Brochure On Ship Services & Products page: 45
- New RAY-152 SSB Radiotelephone From Raytheon Provides Outstanding Long-Range Communication page: 46
- L'Orange Offers Free Literature On Engine Injector Systems page: 46
- Liquefied Gas Shipping— New Drewry Report Predicts Continued Improvement page: 47
- Rados-Designed Research And Monitoring Vessel Being Built By Knight & Carver In San Diego page: 48
- Rauma-Repola Deck Machinery And Aquamaster Propulsion Join Forces In New Company page: 48
- Golar Marine Incinerators Detailed In Free Literature page: 49
- Barco's '88-89 Catalog Of Impellers Includes 2 New Elastomer Cam/Pumpliners page: 49
- Trinity Marine Group Acquires Assets Of Guarino & Cox, Naval Architects page: 54
- Wartsila Diesel Announces Personnel Appointments page: 57
- HHI Wins Contract To Build LPG Carrier For Kosan Fleet Of Denmark page: 58