Beier Radio Celebrates 70th Anniversary
Beier Radio, Inc. marks 70-years of providing engineering, sales and service for marine electronics around the globe. During its 70 years in business, Beier Radio has grown from being one of the first marine electronics distributors in the southern United States to a leader in integrated vessel control, navigation and communications systems as well as mariner training.
“Beier Radio has always been committed to delivering products and services that meet the current demands of the marine industry and also anticipate the future needs of our customers in the challenging marine environment,” said owner Karl Beier.
“From our expansion into engineering and manufacturing with Sentinel Controls to the opening of the Marine Training Institute, Beier Radio continues to grow and strengthen. We thank our loyal customers around the world who have allowed us to serve them over these successful 70 years in business, and look forward to working with our current and future customers for many years to come.”
Beier Radio was founded by Frank L. Beier in 1945 and began providing systems integration of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems with controls in 1975.
In 1980, the company began selling Dynamic Positioning (DP) systems, representing all of the major DP manufacturers, and in 1999, Beier Radio began working with Navis Engineering to develop its own IVCS2000 Integrated Vessel Control System. Beier Radio opened its first DP Training Center certified by the Nautical Institute in London 2007.
In 2012, Beier Radio purchased the engineering and manufacturing company Sentinel Controls and just two years later, opened a new mariner training facility – The Marine Training Institute – in Houma, Louisiana, to provide DP and ECDIS training. The company also opened a new manufacturing, engineering and service facility in Houma in 2014, and moved into new management and administrative offices in Mandeville, Louisiana.
Having supplied DP systems for hundreds of vessels over the past 70 years, Beier Radio is a leader in providing turnkey vessel control and navigation solutions. Products include Vessel Monitoring and Management Systems, Steering Systems, DP Systems, Shaft Tachs, Navigation Light Panels and more. In addition, the company sells a full line of marine communication and navigation products. Beier provides international support for all of its products.
(As published in the April 2015 edition of Maritime Reporter & Engineering News - http://magazines.marinelink.com/Magazines/MaritimeReporter)
Other stories from April 2015 issue
- They said it ... page: 13
- Risk & Reputation in the age of Disruption page: 14
- Underway on LNG page: 18
- ReFRESCO-Operation Unique Opportunities in CFD page: 22
- Dispersants ... Will we ever be able to use them again? page: 24
- Logistics and Warehouse Insurance: Understanding its Complexity page: 28
- Simulation & Ice Navigation Training page: 32
- Edda & its Five Star Offshore Accommodations page: 34
- Talking Offshore Employment with Faststream’s Chief Executive page: 40
- Oil Majors Push Offshore Players for 30% Cuts page: 44
- Harkand Haldane DP3 Dive Support Vessel: A New Wave of DSV page: 63
- Five Minutes with Halul Offshore CEO, Vivek Seth page: 66
- OSV Technology: Notable Designs & Deliveries page: 70
- VT Halter Powers Ahead page: 74
- The German Shipbuilding Rebound page: 78
- Alfred Hartmann: New Captain on the Bridge at VDR page: 82
- Boatbuilding in China page: 90
- E-Procurement Streamlined via the Cloud page: 93
- Ballast Water Technology Installation & Innovative Drive Contols page: 96
- Sludge Management System page: 98
- New Water Maker page: 98
- GEA UV Ballast Water Treatment page: 98
- Ecochlor BWTS page: 98
- ABB's New Azipod Thruster page: 99
- SENER Debuts Latest FORAN Release page: 99
- ExxonMobil Debuts Premium AFME 200 page: 99
- Hospital Ship Up to Speed with AMOS page: 99
- BV Upgrades RAM Software page: 99
- Tank Coating for Navig8 Chem Carriers page: 100
- VGP-compliant Frease from Klüber Lubrication page: 100
- Barkeeper: Centrifugal Separation Module page: 100
- SeaHow Skimmer System page: 100
- Roxtec Seals for Floating Tidal Turbine page: 100
- Beier Radio Celebrates 70th Anniversary page: 105